Compare DE and cartridge smoothness

Compare DE and cartridge smoothess

• Total voters
DE but I liked my Sensor Excel and reckon with the technique and better prep I might be able to get just as good results or perhaps even better. No chuffin' way am I going back to spending all that on carts when there is all this other "shaving crap" to buy. No, I am down with DE for life. Maybe even a straight one day but not some day soon or I'll have me lips, nose, ears off. Shaky, shaky....:icon_rolleyes:

Carts for some reason starts giving me bumps after the 4th use, doesn't happen with DE using similar prep. I think that pressure needed with cart is the evil hand in this game.

I never get bumps from dull blade like Derby mounted in a Slant for example even if I take it to 4th use (but ditch it usually after the 2nd use).

I think my shave is better, it's improving slowly as I my technique better and better. Overall much happier with the way my face feels and it's smoothness.

Use DE about 80% of the time & the M3 cartridge the rest - get really good shaves with both. I prefer to use the DE, but if I'm in a hurry, I know I'll get just as good a shave with the M3 (it's a nice one to use, too - I have the EJ nickel plated M3)

Leslie145 said:
Use DE about 80% of the time & the M3 cartridge the rest - get really good shaves with both. I prefer to use the DE, but if I'm in a hurry, I know I'll get just as good a shave with the M3 (it's a nice one to use, too - I have the EJ nickel plated M3)

I quite fancy one of those tarted up Mach 3 handles, something weighty sound nice.

I haven't used a cartridge since Sep 2012 and I don't trust my memory enough to rate the difference. My Missus used all of my spare carts so I can't go back and try to compare. I don't really want to go out an buy one so I guess I'll never know.
I didn't choose DE because I was unhappy with the closeness of Carts. It was the frustration of all the clogged up hair in the cart that I didn't like

Going by memory I got as good a result with my twin blade sensor as any DE I've used. More than 2 blades however and my face errupts with irritation & razor burns. Best shaves I've ever had have been with an SE.
JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Like many others here, I've found the cartridge shaves I get now are much better than before I took up DE shaving. Straight after a shave there's little to distinguish now between a cartridge and DE in terms of smoothness, but I stubble up far sooner after using a cartridge; by early evening it's clear which system I'd gone for in the morning.

Depends on which bit of my face we're talking about. Two swirly patches either side of my throat are no bother to a five bar cartridge and all but impossible without a little soreness for DE. My upper lip is far easier with any cartridge except for going into my nostrils which can only be done effectively with the corner of a DE. The rest of my face shaves equally well with cartridges or DE - but carts are quicker and DE more satisfying. Carts are a waste of time for my under-arms and I wouldn't put a DE any where near my scrotum - but I don't think you asked about the last two.

I voted 'no difference' because the object of the exercise is a smooth face. However, I find that the more I shave, the wrinklier I get and carts or DE seem to make no difference to this effect. Long term shaving makes you wrinkly!

Re: RE: Compare DE and cartridge smoothness

Bechet45 said:
Depends on which bit of my face we're talking about. Two swirly patches either side of my throat are no bother to a five bar cartridge and all but impossible without a little soreness for DE. My upper lip is far easier with any cartridge except for going into my nostrils which can only be done effectively with the corner of a DE. The rest of my face shaves equally well with cartridges or DE - but carts are quicker and DE more satisfying. Carts are a waste of time for my under-arms and I wouldn't put a DE any where near my scrotum - but I don't think you asked about the last two.

I voted 'no difference' because the object of the exercise is a smooth face. However, I find that the more I shave, the wrinklier I get and carts or DE seem to make no difference to this effect. Long term shaving makes you wrinkly!

My grandad was a wet DE shaver up to the grand age of 92 when he took to lectric, he had very smooth skin with very few wrinkles. So it is in the genes. From the moment he took to the Remington it was all down hill and he expired a year later.

Electric shaving can kill you.

when i was using three blades cartridges, i found it very quick and easy to get a decent shave unless i had a fair bit of growth, which with clogging was a longer task.

with de shaving, i find i enjoy it more, but a tad more likely to get a nick, and overall i think i get a better shave, but it takes longer for a shave, i think now i have been de shaving for two years, i take more interest in the prep and after shave. which leave my skin feeling better. sometimes i wish i had the cartridge for the bit under my nostrils, but i have my schicks to sort that one out.

so i vote de with a little help from my injector.

rob

Bechet45 said:
Carts are a waste of time for my under-arms and I wouldn't put a DE any where near my scrotum - but I don't think you asked about the last two.

I find that the more I shave, the wrinklier I get . Long term shaving makes you wrinkly!

Carl, I'm sure lots of members wanted to ask about your shaving druthers, but were too polite.

So you think shaving makes you wrinklier? Nothing to do with being an old geezer. I'm sure you are right.

Back
Top Bottom