Closed Completed: Seygus Spain 2016 razor pass around

Managed to get a shave with the Red beastie today. First impressions out of the box is it's a quality piece of kit, finish is superb, handle is gripper than a grippy thing and it looks tremendous. Not convinced I like the balance and I feel the handle is a bit narrow for my liking.

Now to the shave... Lathered up some Grandstaff Grapefruit Gardenia and loaded a Polsilver SI. First pass, struggled a little with the angle (it seems to have a narrow window) so didn't feel it was removing much. Passes two and three were slightly better and I ended up with a fuss free DFS. First impressions are that its not efficient enough for me and I felt I needed a fair bit of pressure but I'll be interested to see how I get on with a few more shaves. Will probably try with another handle next time.

The black razor has arrived and it has had its first run out.

The packaging and appearance of the razor is great.

The top cap and baseplate fit together very well with very little play, if any. One very slight point is that the top cap and baseplate seem to be ever so slightly different widths, it didn't affect anything but was noticeable and detracts ever so slightly from the great engineering.

I did notice some slight wear on the corners of the baseplate where the black coating appears to have worn through. This may need keeping an eye on as the passaround progresses.

Soap was a first run out of Nanny's Silly Soap Signature Warm Spice that I recently got in a PIF. I used a trusty Polsilver SI blade.

The razor felt very mild and efficient, despite its light weight. I also have a standard razor and have no issues with the light weight. At no point did I think this razor was going to bite and it provided a very good two pass shave.

I really like the feel and how it looks, I'm glad I got the black one! The weight section does detract in my opinion from the overall look of the razor and I'd much prefer an all black handle. I'll have to compare the razor with and without the weight to see if it affects the performance of the razor.

Overall first impressions are good and I'm looking forward to a few more shaves with it before passing it on.

Thanks to all involved in the passaround.

Another shave with the black seygus, this time with a voskhod blade and nanny silly soap original lime.

This razor is great, mild and easy to handle. A two pass WTG ATG shave gave a great result.

It's very similar in my opinion to the standard. Not only in the light weight but in how it efficiently gets the job done without drama.

I much prefer the knurled feel of the seygus and that it feels slightly better engineered, especially with the conventional head attachment as opposed to the standard with the thread on the handle.

Another shave with the black seygus, this time with a voskhod blade and nanny silly soap original lime.

This razor is great, mild and easy to handle. A two pass WTG ATG shave gave a great result.

It's very similar in my opinion to the standard. Not only in the light weight but in how it efficiently gets the job done without drama.

I much prefer the knurled feel of the seygus and that it feels slightly better engineered, especially with the conventional head attachment as opposed to the standard with the thread on the handle.
You can remove the screw from the Standard handle and screw it into the head with some Loctite. Conventional head in two minutes. I must admit that I didn't bother doing this as any other handle would look stupid on my (black) Standard.

Another shave with the same set up as last time apart from I removed the handle weight.

Not normally very keen on short handles but this one is great.

I'm very impressed with this razor and one I'll consider buying in future. Thanks for the opportunity to try it.

I'll be looking to pass it on at the start of next week, although probably won't get chance until Tuesday. Who's next on the list for the black razor?

Another shave with the same set up as last time apart from I removed the handle weight.

Not normally very keen on short handles but this one is great.

I'm very impressed with this razor and one I'll consider buying in future. Thanks for the opportunity to try it.

I'll be looking to pass it on at the start of next week, although probably won't get chance until Tuesday. Who's next on the list for the black razor?
Strangest thing. I normally like short, lightweight handles, but I did think the handle was better with the stainless steel spacer. Glad you liked the razor. Next one in line is @mattyb240.

The black Seygus is on its way to @mattyb240

1. riverrun
  2. Nico1970
  3. Neslo
  4. Stacy555
  5. p.b
  6. mikebrownington
  7. Damianj
  8. mattyb240
  9. Whosthedaddy
  10. Glen_Lee
  11. Rufus Firefly
  12. AndyMc133
  13. ben193
  14. wayne mattison
  15. fly3k
  16. Sabre

The list is open.

Legend:
Waiting
Black razor on the way to, Red razor on the way to
Black razor currently with, Red razor currently with,
Completed

Thanks, Matt

1. riverrun
  2. Nico1970
  3. Neslo
  4. Stacy555
  5. p.b
  6. mikebrownington
  7. Damianj
  8. mattyb240
  9. Whosthedaddy
  10. Glen_Lee
  11. Rufus Firefly
  12. AndyMc133
  13. ben193
  14. wayne mattison
  15. fly3k
  16. Sabre

The list is open.

Legend:
Waiting
Black razor on the way to, Red razor on the way to
Completed

The Red Seygus is on the move....

1. riverrun
  2. Nico1970
  3. Neslo
  4. Stacy555
  5. p.b
  6. mikebrownington
  7. Damianj
  8. mattyb240
  9. Whosthedaddy
  10. Glen_Lee
  11. Rufus Firefly
  12. AndyMc133
  13. ben193
  14. wayne mattison
  15. fly3k
  16. Sabre

The list is open.

Legend:
Waiting
Black razor on the way to, Red razor on the way to,
Completed

Thanks @Whosthedaddy... The Red Seygus has landed...
  1. riverrun
  2. Nico1970
  3. Neslo
  4. Stacy555
  5. p.b
  6. mikebrownington
  7. Damianj
  8. mattyb240
  9. Whosthedaddy
  10. Glen_Lee
  11. Rufus Firefly
  12. AndyMc133