Currently eating....

Deli run yesterday...a hunk of crusty Puglese bread, a few slices of mortadella and some ultra fresh ricotta and I'm a happy boy.

Friday night sushi night! A few bottles of Asahi and walking dead,the following & true detective on the planner:icon_razz:

4e57b6ebf6bba32a9ebf64855f60896b_zps7c6e9817.jpg

c02311c3c516ce2372633e97eca1ff5f_zps209d1e5d.jpg

3802caf7d27c1d22a5c13152b8655db2_zps757af830.jpg
[/u]

antdad said:
Deli run yesterday...a hunk of crusty Puglese bread, a few slices of mortadella and some ultra fresh ricotta and I'm a happy boy.

Now that sounds pretty darn good, and although I like that kinda bread, it would be changed to a crispy crusted French loaf.

Since I like you I will offer up a favorite omelette filling of mine. Saute in butter some mushrooms and plenty of crushed garlic and after a while add some chopped up hot capicola and cook that together for a bit.

Also, maybe try frying the mortadella in a hot pan so the sides get a little crisp. Nice texture and better taste. If done right, thin slices will turn out almost like chewy bacon. I will often fry salami and you will sometimes see it on deli menus.

Sei Gesunt

pjgh said:
... just finished. Burp!

IMG_5177.JPG

Looks very good.......for a starter. Maybe that's why I'm such a bat fastard?

Lordly breakfast this morning of a rather large and scrumptious treacle scone, thick with with slightly salted Scottish butter and a four squares of Dairy Milk that my wife must have missed or did I pinch 'em? Wonderfully well washed down with a pot of Brodie's Finest Edinburgh tea. And as has been the regrettable but eminently enjoyable form since last August, the morning fag to see off the last of the tea but you are to be reminded that I did not eat the fag but smoked it.

^^Dirty boy Ian.

Mart, thanks for tips about frying salami but to me wafer thin delicate mortadella and coppa are already near perfect states of swine.

I don't mind the odd tart.

I have been on the road alot lately & tried Puttanesca in three different retaurants. Three quite different styles, but three excellent dishes.

fozz77 said:

I have been on the road alot lately & tried Puttanesca in three different retaurants. Three quite different styles, but three excellent dishes.

Great dish that, i like to add sardines or tuna if i make it indoors, heavy on the chilli, garlic and anchovies.

RB73 said:
fozz77 said:

Great dish that, i like to add sardines or tuna if i make it indoors, heavy on the chilli, garlic and anchovies.

Hmm sardines sound excellent. Has to be "deli" olives rather than the ones in jars, preferably kalamata. We're spoilt in Tassie for olives.

My kids love it, if only they new what went in it...:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom