D R Harris Lavender vs Cyril R Salter Shaving Soaps

I like lavender but rose much is better and violet, well hello darlin’!

Used the CRS today and loved every minute of it. I’m either plainly simple or simply plain. I think somebody made a bacon scented shaving cream once. Matron probably knows the asylum they’re being held in. Bedtime, eeesh.

@Boycie83 Interesting they are both Parfum (fragrance oil). They have different allergens, which may make marginal difference to the fragrance to the nose.
Neither are true Lavender (i.e. Lavender Essential Oil).
The soap base appears to be the same though, apart from allergens from the fragrance oil.
Indeed. This makes a good case for allergen-free soaps/creams. Unperfumed and no preservatives.

If they didn't use preservatives many would go bad/moldy before reaching a shelf.
It would seem that way, but consider TOBS shaving creams, about 16 or 18 presentations/smells. Five of them have no preservatives. The rest do. People have complained about rashes and allergic reactions. TOBS respond with five devoid of preservatives. Why don't those five go mouldy? No Proraso product has the mould inhibitors MI or MCI, yet they don't go mouldy. Or Simpsons. I intend posting an article about this to this site.

It would seem that way, but consider TOBS shaving creams, about 16 or 18 presentations/smells. Five of them have no preservatives. The rest do. People have complained about rashes and allergic reactions. TOBS respond with five devoid of preservatives. Why don't those five go mouldy? No Proraso product has the mould inhibitors MI or MCI, yet they don't go mouldy. Or Simpsons. I intend posting an article about this to this site.
*moldy

@Ebberman @Bogeyman
I don’t need to use any preservative in my soaps. It’s dependent on the way it’s made. Generally speaking creams will need preservatives as they have a lower Ph. Most shaving soaps will have a higher Ph that does not allow mold to form. In addition water used in the process isn’t present in the finished product.

Back
Top Bottom