D R Harris Lavender vs Cyril R Salter Shaving Soaps

The 3P Pre/Post is excellent stuff if your skin is a bit on the dry/tight side before a shave. Or after an iffy result the day before. If I get carried away during the daily rasp and find a touch of irritation afterwards, then three is the magic number.

Actually, three really is the magic number - beating the Hibs 3-0 in the league and within three weeks, knocking them out of the cup 3-0. @Mike Smart will verify the facts for anyone concerned. I only wish we could play them every week…but then standards would inevitably drop so perhaps it’s best not.

Sing along with Gairdner, “Three is the magic number…”

That’s THREE.

KDyPrTN.jpg

Hi there Brian,

You are exactly right when it comes to scent having various interpretations and nose pounding differences. Any frag using FO is gonna be a crapshoot as to what's hoped for or close to it. Even 'one note' frags like sandalwood and lime or pick one can be a blend of who knows what

Seems to me a true lavender EO done in a single note version's the way to go if lavender is your deal. I've always heard in the past that AOS uses only one EO in some products like lavender but no idea what's up now.

Plus Brian, as you know, there's a bunch of different kinds with note differences, just like real sandalwood will vary. And if you members like lime then get just lime and nothing else in the way.

Yes everyone, slide gently down the fragrance huffing hole.

Martin

Hi there Brian,

You are exactly right when it comes to scent having various interpretations and nose pounding differences. Any frag using FO is gonna be a crapshoot as to what's hoped for or close to it. Even 'one note' frags like sandalwood and lime or pick one can be a blend of who knows what

Seems to me a true lavender EO done in a single note version's the way to go if lavender is your deal. I've always heard in the past that AOS uses only one EO in some products like lavender but no idea what's up now.

Plus Brian, as you know, there's a bunch of different kinds with note differences, just like real sandalwood will vary. And if you members like lime then get just lime and nothing else in the way.

Yes everyone, slide gently down the fragrance huffing hole.

Martin
@dodgy
Hi Martin
i agree. Lots of makers will use them to highlight “fanciful” top, middle and base notes to market soaps and entice users. It’s interesting that most people have never smelt some of the more esoteric notes so how they detect them in a shaving soap is beyond me.
I very rarely use use them and much prefer the natural fragrance combinations that can be created using only essential oils.
Regards Brian

Sorry for the tardy response, but I was out on the trail today saving immigrants from the evil hostiles. I actually had to deal with a UK National today in person. Very nice fellow. Good thing I didn't read Gairdner's retort before then as I'd have put the boot & truncheon to that fella out of frustration!! :mad: ;)

Sorry for the tardy response, but I was out on the trail today saving immigrants from the evil hostiles. I actually had to deal with a UK National today in person. Very nice fellow. Good thing I didn't read Gairdner's retort before then as I'd have put the boot & truncheon to that fella out of frustration!! :mad: ;)
My last paragraph wasn’t intended as humour and especially not barbed wit. Matron and I had just been watching 1883 on TV about the Dutton family on the trail west to Oregon. I mentioned to her that it is hard to believe such savagery and brutality was happening there when Hearts FC were down the Royal Mile playing football. The contrast seemed extreme.

I do not forget that everyday I shave with a style of razor invented and near-perfected in America.

But honestly, you shoulda paid them taxes to mad King George then we could have all had a group hug at the Commonwealth Games.

No room for hate in my heart. Not even for the hibs. Ok, maybe a wee bit…

Back
Top Bottom