Ebay nutters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have had a few strange buyers recently from France and Italy, and now one proper eejit from Deutschland. My report to Ebay :
Comments: On 18.2.13 buyer "widder8809" won the auction for a razor I had for sale (13610802), which was advertised as posting worldwide via Royal Mail Airsure. The buyer contacted me asking that the item be sent via ordinary Airmail (non-trackable) to save him money, and stated in his email that he would be responsible for any loss or damage.On 5.3.13 he reported to me that item was not delivered and asked for proof of posting. I emailed this to him, but on 10 March he raised a complaint on Ebay for non- delivery. I immediately apologized and refunded his money including his postage. On 11 March he emailed me to apologize and say the package was at his Post Office, and he would re-send the money to me. On 16th March I politely enquired if he had the package, and he replied "no I don't" and asked to which address I had sent the item. I repeated to him the address which he had provided on Ebay. Today I received a strange and abusive message on Ebay saying I had sent the item to his ex-girlfriend somewhere in Germany and that she was returning the item to me. Obviously I have no knowledge of his ex-girlfriend, far less her address to send her a shaving razor. The manner of his email to me is abusive and threatening although I have been polite and helpful from the outset, and I feel this behaviour is unacceptable on Ebay.

Here is part of the lunatic's email to me:
Dear majortom00,

hey sorry but you are a liar,

today i got a message from my exgirlfriend that she received your razor!!!
you shipped it to friederike rudolph!!!
i dont understand why do you did it cause on paypal and on ebay my name and adress is mentioned!!!
she shipped it back to you!

why do you shipped it to her???!!!!??!!!!

Think I might book a holiday in Germany this year :-/

Attachments

• Complaint widder8809.docx
    11 KB · Views: 32
best to always send tracked and insured.

if there are any problems you have covered your arse (or at least proof off postage/proof of delivery).

if they send any emails like that then contact ebay about abuse

I had a similar thing happen a while ago. Didn't notice the Ebay add didn't match the PayPal one. I sent it to the Ebay one and the item was returned marked refused. The buyer had moved and not updated Ebay. I resent it only after he coughed up for the postage again. I did teach me a lesson to check both addresses match.

i had an ebay thread in the general section about a month ago, same principle i.e. buyer being a knobhead, though not quite as random and weird as this fella. unfortunately it took my experience to realize ebays rules always seem to favor the buyer and for that reason i now will only send recorded or special delivery within the uk, shipping abroad just not worth the hassle i think.

That gentleman is a ......compleat and utter? (trying to be kind) if its any help my grandfather went to Germany, in WW2 and he didn't like the shit hole at all :dodgy:

calm down my friend!
i know the buyer and informed him about that thread. i gave him a call and he will send you pictures which will proof that you shipped it to her ex girlfriend!
you are really disgusting cause you badmouth about him although YOU did the msitake my friend!
shame yourself!

furthermore you better shoudl delete ebay name and ex girlfriends name!
this is calumny!
besides you utter a threat! this is a criminal offence!

Re: RE: Ebay nutters

Rasierhobel said:
calm down my friend!
i know the buyer and informed him about that thread. i gave him a call and he will send you pictures which will proof that you shipped it to her ex girlfriend!
you are really disgusting cause you badmouth about him although YOU did the msitake my friend!
shame yourself!

this is calumny!

not his fault as the buyer didnt set address correctly.

how would he know the buyers ex adress if the buyer himself had setup/eddited account correctly

shanky887614 said:
Rasierhobel said:
calm down my friend!
shame yourself!

this is calumny!

not his fault as the buyer didnt set address correctly.

how would he know the buyers ex adress if the buyer himself had setup/eddited account correctly

as he told before!! the buyer asked for shipping adress and majortom confirmed his correct adress which is stated in ebay and in the paypal bill!
probably he noted the shipping adress before the payment was done! that is a problem which often happen! cause you can change the shipping adress as long as you didnt paied so far!

monkeytennis said:
See in these cases which address do you take as the main one, eBay or PayPal? Personally I feel a buyer who doesn't keep his addresses updated is at fault.

both adresses shows the correct and same adress after payment was done

Re: RE: Ebay nutters

Rasierhobel said:
monkeytennis said:
See in these cases which address do you take as the main one, eBay or PayPal? Personally I feel a buyer who doesn't keep his addresses updated is at fault.

i think your talking out of your arse. then how did he get sent the wrong address.

your friend is at fault and you should just accept that. he should be editing/deleting the address's when he no longer lives/works there

Rasierhobel said:
monkeytennis said:

if thats the case then how does the package arrive at a different address to whats been provided by your buddy if his info was correct as you state then why did it arrive at his ex's address. he should have made sure his info was up to date before buying anything on ebay as to avoid any problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom