Ebay nutters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: Ebay nutters

Careful here boys! We appear to have disturbed a nest of tossers!
Poor old major tom. Ebay does seem to attract the cranks and my experience.

This is getting a little bit personal boys, nothing wrong with a lively discussion but please try to keep it to the issue rather than the personal circumstances.

I have ny own issues with eBay but I choose to use it and I know I need to do belts and braces to cover myself. I do check PayPal and eBay addresses match and I usually ask forum guys to send me their address because people do forget to update PayPal (and many other things).

The policies are there in black and white (however biased, hidden or unfair they are) if you hate them that much use a different selling method like Gumtree or a forum.

hunnymonster said:
Audiolab said:
The policies are there in black and white (however biased, hidden or unfair they are) if you hate them that much use a different selling method like Gumtree or a forum.

Stop letting the light in on Gumtree lol (now that's a den of vipers :s)

Off topic but I have to agree with this.

When we were looking for somewhere to rent down in Leeds the amount of dodgy emails we got was staggering, (think along the lines of an edited, you've won $20,000,000 in our lottery email!!)

:icon_razz:

I'm with majortom on this one as my experience has been similar, Ebay only favours buyers. And I second that US buyers are the most trustworthy imo.

Is it possible that the buyer changed his Paypal address later after realising that it didn't match?

Fairly common, in my experience, to find that ebay and paypal addresses don't match. So much so that I always check and message the buyer asking which address they want me to send to... it's usually that they haven't updated one or the other, or sometimes one is a work address which is better for daytime deliveries. I also pay the extra for tracking and insurance.... just worth it IMO to save hassles like this.

It should certainly be the responsibility of the buyer to make it clear and unambiguous the address to which the package should be sent. I quite often have packages sent to my parents house so I can ensure I don't get carded and have to make a trip to a depot. That means I have to make sure that I make sure both eBay and PayPal addresses are aligned. I certainly regard it as my responsibility to make sure this information is correct and I would expect to bear the consequences when I forget to make this is the case.

I have to say that for the most part my eBay experience has been pretty good. I've never really had any experiences akin to majortom, who doesn't seem to have done anything wrong as far as I can see.

Jon

For all its faults though - Gumtree has yielded me some amazing bargains in the not too distant past. Mind you I'm not in the jobs, property or motors sections :)

My #1 tip for anyone thinking of using it is to use a throwaway email address - and this weeks learning is that you can't use the word "gumtree" anywhere in that email address (except for signing up to a Gumtree account... which is a bit of an error on their part I feel)

I haven't laughed so hard in eons! I'm sorry for your trouble Majortom but when WWIII nearly broke out was when I broke down! God - it was far better than sunbed wars!

But thank you for the lesson! Check addresses! To date, I've gotten away with assuming a buyer is smart enough to provide the correct address when s/he buys whatever. Mind, the last time I had to update my address was nearly twenty-five years ago but that doesn't stop me having to chase Quidco payments and the periodic like, that are sent to my last bank not my latest.

Sunburyboy93 said:
*** NO RUDENESS OR INSULTS PLEASE GENTLEMAN ***

I respectfully suggest you direct that firmly at Herr Hobel, who can quite frankly go and raffle his bratwurst. Highly abusive posts like his should in my opinion, see a member banned immediately.

Gairdner said:
I respectfully suggest you direct that firmly at Herr Hobel, who can quite frankly go and raffle his bratwurst. Highly abusive posts like his should in my opinion, see a member banned immediately.

I'm not directing it at anyone in particular, it was a little note to remind everyone to be polite to everyone else on here, i.e act like gentleman and think before you write things on here and hopefully not resort to writing silly and unnecessary comments.

To be honest i don't think anyone is really bothered by anything i may put on here as a Moderator.

It's up to all the members as grown men to decide if they want to take any notice of me or not.

That was all

best to all as always

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom