El Jefe SE razor

All windrose handles are meant to be fine with this head... I've received mine today so will post some pictures of the head in top of my three handles and see if there are any others it is compatible with as well!

I should probably clarify, that my problem isn't the length of the threads, it was that the threads were rough enough that several of my handles that work fine on other heads (including Shavecraft) didn't want to thread onto the El Jefe. I believe that is a more hit or miss problem, because not everyone has had the issue, but I have read of several other accounts besides mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I should probably clarify, that my problem isn't the length of the threads, it was that the threads were rough enough that several of my handles that work fine on other heads (including Shavecraft) didn't want to thread onto the El Jefe. I believe that is a more hit or miss problem, because not everyone has had the issue, but I have read of several other accounts besides mine.

Ah gotcha. I'll be having a play soon. Will report back!

So I received my El Jefe head today and thought I'd share a couple of pictures of different handles... I had 6 handles to attempt to plonk this head on top of... Only two worked, both of which were Windrose and weirdly one of the other 4 was also a Windrose and that didn't work! It got to a few mm from being able to tighten and didn't want to go any further and I wasn't about to force it knowing how fragile the thread is. The other 3 wouldn't even screw on a turn, they just didn't accept the thread at all.

Anywho, some pictures below;

The line up of handles, left to right;

Assassin (upside down :D), Rocnel, Windrose Z1, Windrose H3, Windrose H5, ATT Atlas

img_20161110_174411-jpg.3668

Now the two that it worked with, first the H-3

img_20161110_180157-jpg.3669

img_20161110_180111-jpg.3670

img_20161110_180032-jpg.3671

Then the Z1

img_20161110_175813-jpg.3672

img_20161110_175458-jpg.3673

img_20161110_175433-jpg.3674

The threads on these have finicky machining. People (myself included) have had trouble with certain handles not fitting. The threads on the post are very long, so your handle would need to be tapped deep enough to accept it. The rough threads on the post could also be cleaned up with a thread chaser.

That aside, it is an amazing shaver and well worth the firesale price. I definitely plan to buy another when the machining bugs are ironed out.

Mine on a MR5 style head:

8f9da4075061c396912cb609c0b46205.jpeg

That's good to know, as I'm planning to use the same handle if and when it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom