El Jefe SE razor

You mean a way to make it so you don't have to adjust the blade alignment manually? Can you elaborate? Thanks!
The posts are too thin I can see from the pictures. If you take lets say a used AC blade and cut it to length you can glue it on the post so it reduces play. Actually I have an old SS feeler gauge with different blade thicknesses. This I can cut to measure. and glue it on the posts.

The posts are too thin I can see from the pictures. If you take lets say a used AC blade and cut it to length you can glue it on the post so it reduces play. Actually I have an old SS feeler gauge with different blade thicknesses. This I can cut to measure. and glue it on the posts.

Whatever flips your minnow, but it really isn't that big of a deal. My OCD would be flared up much harder having some cobbled up fix, glued together razor head than just having to play with it for a few seconds every 7-8 shaves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whatever flips your minnow, but it really isn't that big of a deal. My OCD would be flared up much harder having some cobbled up fix, glued together razor head than just having to play with it for a few seconds every 7-8 shaves.

After having used it a couple of times now I'd be inclined to agree with that.
Maybe I can just 3D print it with slightly larger tabs.

SPEAKING OF 3D printing.... :)
Buddy of mine has a 3D scanner and access to a commercial 3D printing setup (that can print in metal).
We were toying around with the idea last weekend to scan some of my more unusual razors like the Hollow Williams, Tradere, Famex caged, etc, etc and see how well they would print. The printer is not your pro-sumer grade one but the big dollar commercial ones with 0.05mm accuracy from the scan. Could be a fun project.

I have just been pushing back on the top cap a little before tightening it and checking that the alignment is straight. It only takes a minute or so. I've been using the El Jefe since the weekend with a Kai mild and really enjoying the shaves. For me, the Kai mild is smoother than and as sharp as the Feather Pro's. For some reason, the Feather Pro's felt a little rough in this razor, but the Kai's feel great to me. But if you do any mods, please post some pics.

This way you can adjust the aggressiveness of the blade you like, adding shims on either side of the posts until you find perfection.

This way you can adjust the aggressiveness of the blade you like, adding shims on either side of the posts until you find perfection.

That wouldn't work because the bottom plate needs to be against the front of the tabs to be aligned.

I would be more worried about handles fitting on the post if I were you.

That wouldn't work because the bottom plate needs to be against the front of the tabs to be aligned.

I would be more worried about handles fitting on the post if I were you.

It ended up fitting really well on the Windrose handles.
I rather like it on the Z1P below:
nv5xl3.jpg
[/IMG]
nv5xl3.jpg

What's the general consensus of the Razor head. Just wondering if I could couple the head with the Claymore handle?

The threads on these have finicky machining. People (myself included) have had trouble with certain handles not fitting. The threads on the post are very long, so your handle would need to be tapped deep enough to accept it. The rough threads on the post could also be cleaned up with a thread chaser.

That aside, it is an amazing shaver and well worth the firesale price. I definitely plan to buy another when the machining bugs are ironed out.

Mine on a MR5 style head:

8f9da4075061c396912cb609c0b46205.jpeg

The threads on these have finicky machining. People (myself included) have had trouble with certain handles not fitting. The threads on the post are very long, so your handle would need to be tapped deep enough to accept it. The rough threads on the post could also be cleaned up with a thread chaser.

That aside, it is an amazing shaver and well worth the firesale price. I definitely plan to buy another when the machining bugs are ironed out.

Mine on a MR5 style head:

8f9da4075061c396912cb609c0b46205.jpeg

Are the bugs in relation to the blade mounts?

Is the bugs in relation to the blade mounts?

It requires a little fiddling to get alignment correct, but nothing that's a deal breaker. To be truthful, I am more disappointed in the threads on the post.

If there have been any consistent complaints about Shavecraft razors that I have seen (and experienced), it is easily damaged threads. On the one I got anyway, I plan to be exceedingly cautious with them. The fact that I only had two out of five razor handles I tried that wanted to screw on only reinforced my concern.

Back
Top Bottom