El Jefe SE razor

Maybe I do own a collectible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Telling you.
All you then need to do a year from now is to include the vague statement below when listing it on eBay;
"Even though a quirky blade loading - many claimed that the v1 was in many ways a superior razor to the later, corrected, version. Don't miss out on owning one of the rarest iKon razors there is"

Even better if he cans the plans for the head all together and these will be all there will ever be.

I bet you an El Jefe head would sell on eBay for $100 next week

:)

Facebook post from Ikon

Hello Gents:

We have had some positive and some conflicting reviews on our Beloved "El Jefe" design and are refraining from mass distribution to our vendors for now.

When time permits we hope to come back to this design and keep it within our iKon / ShaveCraft lineup.

Apologies for not being able to reply immediately to all the emails we received this weekend outside of normal business hours.

Cheers,

- iKon Razors

It looks as if I've missed out on buying a rarity, but such is life.

Once you ensure the blade is properly aligned, the El Jefe shaves beautifully! I had a wonderful shave this morning with a Kai mild blade (I am finding these much smoother but every bit as sharp as the Feather Pro's) and the El Jefe. The BBS was just as smooth as I achieve with the Muhle R41 and iKon Shavecraft Tech, my favorite DE razors. I hope iKon gets El Jefe fixed and back up for sale soon. It is also beautiful to look at, especially with the 90 mm iKon SE matte handle.

I received my El Jefe this morning. As long as you assemble carefully & only tighten with the back of the head laying in your palm, this assembles & goes together every time with no issue.

For me this is the natural way to load the razor. Will shave later on with the new Feather blade.

****** News Update ******

If you bought a El Jefe razor for the already reduced price of $35 iKonRazors are now refunding you $15 making the razor $20.
Personally I think this shows a good level of commitment to quality on iKon's side and with that I will be keeping my 'Boss'

Shave Report #1

Ok, so the El Jefe might not have had the most flawless exit out of the gates that I've ever seen. Quite honestly it seemed like quite a mess as I sat fiddling with the razor head and entertaining myself in the number of ways it could easily mis-align.

It is is however not impossible - or very difficult - to assemble the head in such a way that it all aligns correctly. You just have to be careful and double-check once you're done.

Having said all that - I did assemble it this morning and took it for its maiden shave. There were some slight worries that it would all come loose and shred my face apart but as it turns out those concerns were easily dismissed and what I ended up with was a very, very good and clean shave.

I did my usual two passes (WTG and ATG) and the razor performed very well in both of them. Smooth mid-aggressive and delivered a quite impressive end-result. After two passes I was smooth and I mean smooooth. I was impressed.

I'll be using it more this week to firm up my thoughts on it but I have to say - after my initial impressions the shave itself might have just turned it all around for me.

I'm not quite ready to go out and get the "El Jefe" fan t-shirt as I still feel that the way the head design came out is far from what it should be BUT....with a discount making the head $20 and adjusting to loading it "the way it wants" I can almost get behind this razor seeing how very nicely it performs.

34g8s2q.jpg

Shave Report #1

Ok, so the El Jefe might not have had the most flawless exit out of the gates that I've ever seen. Quite honestly it seemed like quite a mess as I sat fiddling with the razor head and entertaining myself in the number of ways it could easily mis-align.

It is is however not impossible - or very difficult - to assemble the head in such a way that it all aligns correctly. You just have to be careful and double-check once you're done.

Having said all that - I did assemble it this morning and took it for its maiden shave. There were some slight worries that it would all come loose and shred my face apart but as it turns out those concerns were easily dismissed and what I ended up with was a very, very good and clean shave.

I did my usual two passes (WTG and ATG) and the razor performed very well in both of them. Smooth mid-aggressive and delivered a quite impressive end-result. After two passes I was smooth and I mean smooooth. I was impressed.

I'll be using it more this week to firm up my thoughts on it but I have to say - after my initial impressions the shave itself might have just turned it all around for me.

I'm not quite ready to go out and get the "El Jefe" fan t-shirt as I still feel that the way the head design came out is far from what it should be BUT....with a discount making the head $20 and adjusting to loading it "the way it wants" I can almost get behind this razor seeing how very nicely it performs.

34g8s2q.jpg

Totally agree: smooth as silk shave once you get alignment worked out. Once they get this fixed up it will be damn near perfect.

I had shave #2 with El Jefe tonight. I gave it two days growth to work with to see how it did on that first pass. Took it down smoothly, and the rest of the shave went off perfectly. This really is a good little shaver. If Ikon can get the bugs out, this thing will give the big boys a run for its money. It doesn't feel especially aggressive, but after my usual three passes, I was left as smooth as a shave with any of my best razors. I was okay with having bought it at $35, getting it knocked down to $20 makes it a stellar deal. I got a little better handle to thread onto it, so it's good to go into the rotation. [emoji106]

Happy Halloween, Everyone.

a745b9453be4f5774b34a9550a5d35cf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got an email from Paul saying Connaught will not be bringing them in because not enough interest, but he did say Ikon got more on their site at $20 confirming what kenaloupa just posted.

Back
Top Bottom