Exciting new forum

He's just come across a bit sanctimonious in the past. The fact that a lot of the rules of his new forum prohibit actions that he undertook himself on forums he's been banned from is a bit rich. I won't be joining as I found him irritating as a member here, irritating as a blogger and no doubt with the "power" to ban people he doesn't get on with he'll be even more irritating. I'm sure he'll get some decent guys joining, but with him in charge it's not for me.

You may mock Tony but inter forum "Wars" can get scarily silly.

I have been involved in a forum and spin off which led to a full scale war which spilled into the real world. Along with some truly outrageous accusations, trolling and vicious posts on both forums one guy tracking down info about one woman, finding out her kids names, ages and school (all found from t'internet) and made menacing posts about how "safe" or otherwise they might be. Said woman then managed to find out where he worked and phoned his HR department and had him on a formal warning as some posts traced back to being made in work time on a work computer.

Jeltz said:
You may mock Tony but inter forum "Wars" can get scarily silly.

I have been involved in a forum and spin off which led to a full scale war which spilled into the real world. Along with some truly outrageous accusations, trolling and vicious posts on both forums one guy tracking down info about one woman, finding out her kids names, ages and school (all found from t'internet) and made menacing posts about how "safe" or otherwise they might be. Said woman then managed to find out where he worked and phoned his HR department and had him on a formal warning as some posts traced back to being made in work time on a work computer.

People who get that worked up about what happens on an internet forum, need to spend a bit more time back in the real world.

Just let him and his forum be. It's not hurting anyone here us it ? Let him get on with it. If people want to browse it good luck

No point in trashing it for him it's wasting time that could be spent doing something interesting

He is gone from here. Just let it go

But I will admit that I did smirk writing this just thinking of the things that Tony would say but nah……really not worth it

Yellow Jim said:
He's just come across a bit sanctimonious in the past. The fact that a lot of the rules of his new forum prohibit actions that he undertook himself on forums he's been banned from is a bit rich. I won't be joining as I found him irritating as a member here, irritating as a blogger and no doubt with the "power" to ban people he doesn't get on with he'll be even more irritating. I'm sure he'll get some decent guys joining, but with him in charge it's not for me.

+1 on that fella.

Oxygen thieving cnut still sticks in my mind, but let it run its course. Im a member of three other shave forums but this is still my forum of choice.

Good grief
suicide.gif

We all have opinions but like the saying "Opinions are like a-holes everyone's got 'em." I will add "some stink more than others."
He's entitled to his opinions however wrong they may be.

One gent who's member of DFS which I'm no longer part of informed me that good ol Mr. Dildo got himself a "3 day temp ban." I'm surprised the mods didn't can him with his self-absorbed "I'm going to mainstream this forum coz I am cool!" attitude.

I don't know what his deal is? Is senility kicking in? He's seriously mental and a major t*at.

"Hey every time I talk about something I'm going to quote something to back my statement because I'm writing a thesis paper! Pip pip cheerio!"

I've seen more references to Peter's blog by him more than anyone on any shaving forum collectively who referred or recommended Mark's shaving videos or Zach's Boar threads combined. F*cking tool. Let him have his piss-poor forum. It'll dwindel to nothingness.

Blades said:
Bruce on Shaving is the admin... :ugeek:
I think hes a pretty knowledgeable fellow

B

If you consider the "wealth" of his knowledge is based on peoples posts/blogs yeah he's "knowledgeable" alright the impotent omniscient Bruce.

Look at this gem:

Dildo said:
Firstly Simpson's don't manufacture shaving brushes, they manage a luxury brand, they could double their turnover and quadruple their productivity if they applied more strategic brand management skills.

Secondly we enthusiasts on the forums are only a very small part of the market. Visit a 3Ts shop in London and very few of their customers know about Fido or Frank. And I have watched these customers buy mountains of swag. The overall men's grooming market is worth billions, we are a mere bagatelle.

Thirdly Fido is really small beer. A home business serving mainly enthusiasts. He could grow it to be much larger, but I don't see it.

Fourthly the brush manufacturers have been minting it with exceedingly high profits. Badger shaving brushes were a luxury item that only the elite could afford. The companies have kept the prices high whilst their costs, by sourcing in China, have collapsed. Fido and Frank demonstrate the reality of the situation when less greed is applied.

Fifth a Frank finest can be made and sold at a profit for $9.99. This tells you the real costs and values of badger brushes. I would like to know of a brush manufacturer that isn't sourcing in China.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://damnfineshave.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1401" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://damnfineshave.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1401</a><!-- m -->

I wonder how Mark or Philip of Vulfix would respond if I told them they don't manufacture shaving brushes. I guess since Semogue does not make brush handles but are indeed sourced from somewhere in Portugal they too "don't manufacture shaving brushes." Wow all this time I thought Semogue was a manufacturer of shaving brushes. I wonder if Bruno/Leon knows he only manages Semogue? Hmm...Oh that reminds me I have to inform Bernd of Shavemac he doesn't manufacture shaving brushes since handles are made somewhere locally too.

By that asinine of a logic: then one should assume some car manufacturers aren't really car manufacturers because parts originate from elsewhere!!!! Oh noes!

I would like to know why some people in the states are stoooopid enough to pay $120+ for basketball shoe made to represent [ insert b-ball player here ] when it's just a silly brand like Nike. I paid $30-$60 for some shoes that were made in China perhaps I should find someone in US to make shoes for me. I am genious everyone!

Back
Top Bottom