Executive Shaving stopping their 10% discount...

It depends how this is being measured. I bought 2 razors on 1 order from ES and used the discount code. This was a couple of months ago I have not needed to order any software from there YET as I got some for my birthday in August and still working my way through it.
So am I being classed as a "one off buyer misusing the discount code "
I would like to think not but who cares. Looks like Connaught will be getting all my business from now on, they offer discount codes without conditions.

stan794 said:
It depends how this is being measured. I bought 2 razors on 1 order from ES and used the discount code. This was a couple of months ago I have not needed to order any software from there YET as I got some for my birthday in August and still working my way through it.
So am I being classed as a "one off buyer misusing the discount code "
I would like to think not but who cares. Looks like Connaught will be getting all my business from now on, they offer discount codes without conditions.

As I said, the Shaving Room discount remains: TSR12, enter at checkout for your 10% discount. It's yipee2010 that will be stopped on Friday at 17.00.

As I said, the Shaving Room discount remains: TSR12, enter at checkout for your 10% discount. It's yipee2010 that will be stopped on Friday at 17.00.

On the one hand I'm thinking Yipee...

On the other hand I'm thinking there's still ES discount codes out there to be had on the internet, so what's the difference? Anyone can still come along and find this info and have themselves a 10% discount.

Actually the TSR vendors and codes board is hidden from unregistered users, so that's unlikely to have been leaked IMHO.

On the other hand, wasn't the other code (yippee) quoted on the monthly/bi-weekly newsletters that went out via email?

Thanks for the info Brian.

I bought from your site using the TSR code a while ago so it's nice that you encourage regulars to remain so. In fact, i think it was the code that tipped my purchase in your direction :)

So seeing as though all REGISTERED TSR members have always had a 10% discount from this reliable and trustworthy vendor and will continue to until the loyalty points system is in place, the problem is ?

Gerry said:
This is Brian Mulreany, Sales Director at Executive Shaving, I use the user name Gerry (my middle name) to lurk - never to post.
The 10% discount code for The Shaving Room (TRS12) remains exactly as it is, it will not be discontinued until summer 2014 when our new website will hopefully be launched. We will at that time, replace the existing discounts system with a fairer method of rewarding our regular buyers. The facts are, we appreciate our regular buyers and want to encourage them to keep on using us as their number one choice for their shaving and grooming gear. Recently however, we have noticed that a lot of buyers using the yipee2010 discount code buy once only, we suspect that they have found this code by doing a Google search for 'executive shaving discount code'. We would rather reward our regulars with a 10% than one-off buyers. We have the widest online selection of safety razors in the world and we stock a wider range of shaving and grooming items than any other independent UK online shop. To maintain the stock levels we have and continue to service our customers as we do, we need to make every penny count or frankly we will not be around in the future to keep you guys supplied.
I am always available to talk on 0141 880 3040 or email me on brian@executive-shaving.co.uk if you want more info.
Trust me, our aim is expand the company, grow our customer base and maintain a good relationship with our customers.
Brian

Thank you Brian, for taking the time to explain the reasoning........

In my past orders to: E X I have used the TSR code but I do state for Ref my TSR I.D as well.

Charles U.K

The problem is this:

Prior to today I was not a member of TSR and knew nothing about the TSR discount code. However, I was an ES customer, I had purchased from them several times and I had used a discount code when purchasing. By using that discount code I never once believed I was misusing anything, I genuinely believed I was taking up an offer that ES had issued.

Today I receive an email communication from them stating that "generic discount codes were being discontinued due to misuse by customers". As far as I was concerned no more discount codes applied.

In my opinion, if a webstore is perfectly willing to accept a customer's order and willing to apply the discount codes they issue then that is not a misuse and it is not some form of abuse or pizz take. If a company badly manage their discount codes then that's their problem and nobody else's.

Writing to customers and telling them there's a misuse is completely disrespectful to customers. It was simply a poorly thought out communication that has the potential to leave a bitter taste in the mouth of some customers.

Now, I don't want to be dragging this through the mud, but I do feel it's worth pointing out that I perceive this to be a very poor communication. I have no issue with the codes be discontinued, but I do take offence to smiley faces with stop signs and insinuations of customer abuse being sent to me in emails.

jb74 said:
Now, I don't want to be dragging this through the mud, but.....

Sir, with all respect, that's exactly what you are doing. The actual sales director of the company has kindly spent time giving a personal response to his company's decision on why they have done this. It is absolutely their right to run their business as they see fit, and the bottom line is that we can still avail of their 10% discount. May I suggest that if it's pissed you off that much, you simply shop elsewhere? :icon_rolleyes:

RB73 asked the question "the problem is ?" and I kindly spent time giving a personal response.

Can I assume that this is a forum where we are allowed to discuss personal opinions rather than strictly conforming to those of others and make my own choice as to where I might shop?

Yes, I respect that the sales director of the company has kindly spent time giving a personal response to his company's decision on why they have done this. However, it doesn't change the fact that they issued a poorly thought out communication. Surely it could have been as simple as -

"Hey, we'd just like to let you know that the following discounts codes will be discontinued this Friday, so take this opportunity to make a purchase now"

Dragging through the mud or not, if I am breaking the rules by contributing to this thread then please let me know.

jb74 said:
The problem is this:

Prior to today I was not a member of TSR and knew nothing about the TSR discount code. However, I was an ES customer, I had purchased from them several times and I had used a discount code when purchasing. By using that discount code I never once believed I was misusing anything, I genuinely believed I was taking up an offer that ES had issued.

Today I receive an email communication from them stating that "generic discount codes were being discontinued due to misuse by customers". As far as I was concerned no more discount codes applied.

In my opinion, if a webstore is perfectly willing to accept a customer's order and willing to apply the discount codes they issue then that is not a misuse and it is not some form of abuse or pizz take. If a company badly manage their discount codes then that's their problem and nobody else's.

Writing to customers and telling them there's a misuse is completely disrespectful to customers. It was simply a poorly thought out communication that has the potential to leave a bitter taste in the mouth of some customers.

Now, I don't want to be dragging this through the mud, but I do feel it's worth pointing out that I perceive this to be a very poor communication. I have no issue with the codes be discontinued, but I do take offence to smiley faces with stop signs and insinuations of customer abuse being sent to me in emails.

So you joined today to solely slate a long standing discount offering vendor who has always provided first class service to this and many other shaving forums.

Not sure where I stated I joined to solely slate anyone?

I joined to initially contribute to this thread.

I exchanged a couple of respectful emails with Brian today, the feedback from which I shared on this thread today before Brian made any contribution. Brian thanked me for some of the opinions I offered him, so I see that as a reasonably positive thing.

I am a customer of ES, so I do believe that entitles me to an opinion.

I have visited the forum many times as a lurker.

I am a regular on the shaving forum on boards.ie and post on the B&B forum also.

I will stay here and make contributions going forward if and when I have the time.

I respect the fact that some people have no issue with the ES email communication that was sent out today, and I respect the fact that other do take issue with it.

jb74 said:
"Hey, we'd just like to let you know that the following discounts codes will be discontinued this Friday, so take this opportunity to make a purchase now"

I'm pretty sure your reaction to a statement like that would have been even more negative. I appreciate & respect their honesty in the reason they gave. Yes, of course you are entitled to your own opinion. As is everyone else. If they had withdrawn their 10% discount totally, I'd have been disappointed - but they haven't...

I'm pretty sure your reaction to a statement like that would have been even more negative

How so, do you know something about me that I don't?

I'm trying to be respectful here, but people are making some very sweeping generalizations about me.

I've stated my opinion, I'm not looking for a debate or someone to argue otherwise with me.

Some people are fine about the choice of words in today's email, other's aren't. I'm not knocking the people that are fine about it, but I can't help but feel a couple of people are trying to knock me for having my own entitled opinion on the matter.

Back
Top Bottom