Executive Shaving stopping their 10% discount...

jb74 said:
I'm pretty sure your reaction to a statement like that would have been even more negative

How so, do you know something about me that I don't?

I'm trying to be respectful here, but people are making some very sweeping generalizations about me.

I've stated my opinion, I'm not looking for a debate or someone to argue otherwise with me.

Some people are fine about the choice of words in today's email, other's aren't. I'm not knocking the people that are fine about it, but I can't help but feel a couple of people are trying to knock me for having my own entitled opinion on the matter.

Sir, I'm referring myself to my own signature, and now bowing out of this discussion... :icon_sad:

Oh dear, all I have done here is stated my opinion on the matter and shared some information.

I haven't made any sweeping generalizations about anyone, nor have I disrespected anyone's opinion.

To insinuate that I am an idiot isn't very friendly.

C'mon guys, I kinda see jb74's point. I don't necessarily agree but I at least see where he is coming from.
Maybe some of you need to re-read his post? Vetinari stated pretty much the same thing in fewer words and nobody is telling him to go and fek off are they?
There is a generic discount code which ES very generously supplied, don't be surprised if a lot of people use it to get a discount, simples???
ES are now addressing the problem and will continue to serve their loyal customers with a new discount scheme, fantastic say all of us!!! But instead of blaming the customers via email for using a widely known discount code, they could have just stated that the code would end on such and such a date, but that a new loyalty scheme would be introduced for it's valued customers, simples???

cubert said:
This has all the hallmarks of a 10-pager.

Nah, I'm betting Boab or HM pull the plug way before that :)

Thanks daz, your summary is spot on.

I was starting to worry that I was going to be flogged & stoned in public for simply trying to respectfully share my opinion.

jb74 said:
Thanks daz, your summary is spot on.

I was starting to worry that I was going to be flogged & stoned in public for simply trying to respectfully share my opinion.

you still might be, as will I

Forgot to mention that I too am a happy customer of ES, and I shall continue to be. With or without discount codes I would rather support a UK based business than a non UK one. Add to that, that they are Scottish and have excellent service and usually pretty good prices too. I don't blame them for pulling that code or any other generic ones, business is tough enough these days without giving every one of your customers, new or old, 10% off every purchase.

you still might be, as will I

LOL.

Like I said to Brian today - customer service is pretty decent in the majority of the online shaving supplies outlets nowadays, so it often comes down to price. If ES are selling what I want at the best price I too will continue to shop there. The discount played a huge part in my decision to shop at ES the 3 times I have in recent months, it certainly made 2 Simpson brushes a lot more attractive when taken into consideration.

He agreed with me that their management of the discount codes was poor and as per one of my earlier posts, mapped out how they plan to address it.

Of course I will get over today's communication, but if I were a gambling man I might bet that if they had it back they would have worded it differently.

Now that I have joined TSR I've also become aware of the TSR discount code... so whilst today's email initially seemed bad for me, me joining and hanging around has been good a thing for me.

Thanks

JB74

Welcome to TSR - I think this might have been forgotten in the heat of this thread! :icon_smile:

I too am a customer of ES and since I live not far from them I have been a customer in person. I have always been treated with the utmost cutomer care.

i think this is just a matter of an unfortunate breakdown of communication. I run my own business and there have certainly been times when I wished that some communication I have made to customers had been clearer!

Without trying to minimise the import of anyone's opinions, I think we might all relax, remember that an accidental lack of clarity can happen to anyone and continue to enjoy, gratefully, the TSR discount which continues to apply for members here.

Looking forward to your future posts.

Well, I have to say that I've just pulled the trigger on a brush I'd been considering for ages. I expect a few others will do the same and perhaps that will help ES. The discount was worth buying now for!

I've always found them to be great to deal with and very responsive, so losing the discount won't stop me from buying from them - but it will make me compare prices!

Just my two penn'orth!

David

StephenShave said:
Sir, I'm referring myself to my own signature, and now bowing out of this discussion... :icon_sad:

Sir, I refer you to the sticky posts on forum etiquette.

I think Brian is an absolute gent for offering the code in the first place, he's doubly gentlemanly for extending the TSR code, and he's trebly gentlemanly for coming on here and explaining. None of which he has to do of course.

And to top it off his website is top notch and his company is great to deal with. Good on you Brian / Gerry.

Canuck said:
I think Brian is an absolute gent for offering the code in the first place, he's doubly gentlemanly for extending the TSR code, and he's trebly gentlemanly for coming on here and explaining. None of which he has to do of course.

And to top it off his website is top notch and his company is great to deal with. Good on you Brian / Gerry.

I'm blushing!:angel:

Canuck said:

Couldn't quite get the words out myself but the above is spot on. Aye.

Back
Top Bottom