Fatboy Fair Price

thats a nice story with, thankfully, a happy ending :)

as far as you're concerned now, i dont think you'll ever satisfy your curiousity unless you buy a slim & a fatboy :)

i have both & love them both, there seems to be less fatboys around at the mo so they command a higher price. as for the shave, they both give great shaves :)

so if you can afford one just now, if i were you i would get the cheaper slim first & enjoy shaving with it, then get the fatboy later :)

good luck m8, rick.

John said:
Lose the beard said:
Makes me wonder why they put it up for sale in the first place

Money
You're right, it was the money,that's why I posted the thread on here asking what a fair price was, just so I could give them an informed opinion of it's true worth so they didn't think it was worth a lot more or I was trying to rip them off, at the end of the day they're happy they got the razor back, and you never know, one day it could be any one of us in a similar situation.

Dobbo25 said:
John said:
Lose the beard said:
Makes me wonder why they put it up for sale in the first place

Money
You're right, it was the money,that's why I posted the thread on here asking what a fair price was, just so I could give them an informed opinion of it's true worth so they didn't think it was worth a lot more or I was trying to rip them of, at the end of the day they're happy they got the razor back, and you never know, one day it could be any one of us in a similar situation.
the answer, for a razor with such memory's, that two people hold dear... to there heart's..... there is no amount of money that can ever replace a treasured item like that.

Dobbo25 said:
Just sold my Straight so a Cobra Classic could be on the cards :icon_rolleyes:
If you and your razor don't get along, then at least you have been honest enough to your self to admit, it and you've tried your best with it no one can ask more of you

As for the cobra that's a nice razor, that should give a smooth shave, but from what little I know about them they are aggressive, but you never know things could just click for you. I didn't think that I could get along with a GEM but I really like it it gives me a nice shave. Good luck with your cobra.

Dobbo25 said:
My god they look a bit scary, which model and what type of blades do they use

I can understand your concern the one I was thinking of is this one
gemx.jpg

she's a push button gem and takes single edge gem blades of witch I have 100 of them. she is near mint and is plated in 24ct gold.
when you find the correct angle they shave very well,I found that shaving the back of my hand (screwed into a fist to stretch the skin) most people don't shave with the head flat to the skin instead my self included tilt the head forward when you find that angle you'll be surprised how nice they shave.

Thank you for the offer John it's very kind of you but I wouldn't like anything to happen to it in my care, I mean what if I dropped it or it got damaged? If it was user grade I would have said yes but as it's near mint I think I'll pass on this one.

Dobbo25 said:
Thank you for the offer John it's very kind of you but I wouldn't like anything to happen to it in my care, I mean what if I dropped it or it got damaged? If it was user grade I would have said yes but as it's near mint I think I'll pass on this one.

shame, all my razors are like that, but you can get them cheep on ebay If you do decide to try one out I've got plenty of blades. ;-)

How about £400

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-IN-FACTORY-PACKAGE-GILLETTE-FATBOY-NOS-/310494444493?pt=AU_VanityPerfumeShaving&hash=item484ae93bcd

Back
Top Bottom