Favourite Fragrance of all time???

Yup, this was the stuff, but pretty sure it didn't have Number one written on the box - probably because at the time it was the only one.

3337-Boss-One-125-ml-AS.jpg

Ah total class..pinstripe suit bottle, genius! NUMBER 1 of the Boss line for sure!:cool::cool:

I really need to try and get samples of all my favourites for a trip down memory lane: Paco Rabanne, Antaeus, Drakkar (not noir but the older 1972 bottle), Aramis, Kourus, Azzaro, manly power house scents for, well, by now old geezers...

Last edited:
Not sure if I have just one favourite of all time ......... But there are many worthy contenders: YSL's M7, Rive Gauche and Kouros ...... Lacoste Pour Homme ....... Azzaro Pour Homme ......

I think if I just went through my smelly stash I could safely say: Yep .... All of that lot .... 'Cos I spent enough time and dosh looking for them :D

Funny you should mention M7 - I had a bottle of it in the mid 2000s and hated it. Perfume shops here couldn't give the stuff away back then so I bought it on sale for a few quid. Wore it twice and tossed the entire bottle into the bin. Would be worth hundreds now had I kept it. As they say, hindsight is 20/20 vision...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondered what your favourite fragrance of all time would be? Can be designer or niche.. EDT,EDP whatever...if you had to choose one.
perhaps will give me a little inspiration for my next purchase.

Fire away fellas!!

The thing is that the fragrances nowadays have very few to do with the ones of the late 70's-80's. The lucky ones who have lived the 80's know what I am talking about: long lasting, stronger temper. The fragrance at that time had way more personality.

Nowadays, with all the regulations (bannishment of sandalwood for instance), the scents are weaker (short lasting) and more artificial, because of the multiple formulations.

My favourite discontinued fragrances of all time are: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent & Envy by Gucci. Both are just fantastic scents & I'm green with Envy (sorry) that @jb74 still has a bottle!

Fahrenheit by Dior, was the first scent back in college, that got me hooked into fragrances.

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford was the first ‘niche' fragrance I smelt & was love at first sniff. It still smells incredible to me. I own Tabac Rouge by Phaedon, which is a slightly cheaper alternative but just a good & lasts over 12 hours.

Top of my ‘To Buy' list are two fragrances I've wanted to ages now. Ambre Narguile by Hermes & Colonia Intensa Oud by Acqua di Parma. Both are incredible scents.

Like @Fox - I have to give a little shout out to Creed's Aventus. It is one of the best scents out there. Not cheap but really good & I always get a compliment whenever I wear it!

Not as yet either. I am concerned with the pepper and cinnamon mix. If the cinnamon is too strong it may sweeten the overall bouquet making the oud 'sticky sweet'.[/QU
Yeah..too much cinnamon can be a bit overpowering.. I still prefer polo green of all the Polos.. I like polo mints as well and I used to have a VW polo! Anyway, enough of this tomfoolery...if you try it Nishy let us know how it goes. Hope it works out for you!:)

Yeah..too much cinnamon can be a bit overpowering.. I still prefer polo green of all the Polos.. I like polo mints as well and I used to have a VW polo! Anyway, enough of this tomfoolery...if you try it Nishy let us know how it goes. Hope it works out for you!:)

Back
Top Bottom