First and BEST gig EVER.

pjgh said:
Still releasing music ...

... although the last couple of releases is starting to sound like The Cramps did in their later recordings. Great, but perhaps a little tired. If you want a big slab of modern Fiend, find a track called 'On a Mission' recorded at DracFest. What a noise! Like TG in parts!

Still listen to ASF once in a while too! Cramps, always a hell of a party! Now there's another thread- gig you'd most liked to have been at- TG (original incarnation), anywhere, but Oundle School would have been a blast.

My first gig as I remember well was Fleetwood Mac in Rotterdam 1978.
Hard to say wich was the best but the last was 2 days ago Fish (ex-Marillion) in a small town called Uden. Went there with my son. not his normal kind of music but he liked it. In 2 weeks we will go there again to see the Carpet Crawlers (Genesis cover band). Looking forward to that one!

First gig was a local prog rock/alternative band, Poisoned Electrick Head circa 1995. Just remember being blown away by how good they were. Went watching loads of small bands at local dives after that but PEH always stood out.

First actual famous band gig is a bit harder to remember. It would have either been Radiohead, Blur or Manic Street Preachers around 97 somewhere.

Best gig is easier to remember - Super Furry Animals at Manchester Academy in 1998. Great music and visuals.

First gig was Alice Cooper supported by Dio, Birmingham about 99. Best gig? Probably Florence and the machine at latitude festival.

(Really want to say the libertines at a naff pub in Hanley, but I was too mullered to remember much)

Back
Top Bottom