Gannet squad alert! New formula - TESTING

It'll be £9 for the grey tin. I'm not sure if my discount code facility is working on my site, but I'll put details in the vendor's section when I've got it listed.

£9 is great value!!

I shaved again, using a less aggressive set up, and once again, loads of nice lather with a lovely smell, and this time no blood.
So, yes, it's me that can't shave. You, on the other hand can produce a great shaving soap. Well done.

cruciate said:
£9 is great value!!

I shaved again, using a less aggressive set up, and once again, loads of nice lather with a lovely smell, and this time no blood.
So, yes, it's me that can't shave. You, on the other hand can produce a great shaving soap. Well done.

Thanks, glad you're now surviving your shaves without undue injury. :)

fly3k said:
Sounds like a good price to me will it only be the tester scent for this batch?

For the moment yes, but more to follow.

Bechet45 said:
I thought you said you didn't like working for nothing?? £9 is less than your luxury range - or did you mis-type £19?

Well, it's less of nothing than my current prices; the luxury range are only more because of the cost of the essential oils used in them. I'll see how it goes at these prices for the time being. When I phase over to the red tins, it will be a bit more, as they hold a bit more.

Used it again tonight after transferring to a large clip lock tub around 3" wide or a touch bigger. Worked much better this way loaded for about 20 seconds which isn't a lot in my hard water. Had enough for 3 passes and probably a fourth. Was looking like it was lacking volume but after two dips in water and face lathering boom lather explosion. A very good close shave followed with the digress on 1.5. Washes off easy and leaves the skin very smooth. A very good soap Sharon that is much better than the original. Definitely one to buy but I'd prefer a different scent.

I'll add scents as soon as I can do it fly3k. Good to hear your shave went well.
Discount now offered in the Vendors Offers section gents, so if you're interested in the soap don't forget to claim the discount.

soapalchemist said:
I'll add scents as soon as I can do it

Toots, remember me saying sandalwood being a tricky scent to use? There's a number of genuine EOs that come from various parts of the world and supposedly they don't smell the same. The old AOS cream was a true single note EO version frag, but it did nothing for me either. Hit the wrong note.

Anyway, if you or anyone else wants a 30 second to read handy explanation I will include a gentleman who knows his frags. Nice guy who is a bit......enthusiastic about fragrances.

He also sells very unusual things......mysterious extracts from the Fire Tree and other never heard of EOs or Absolutes or whatever they are.

Here: http://www.profumo.it/blog/?s=sandalwood#sthash.H6fDR5QG.dpbs

http://www.profumo.it/perfume/aromatherapy/essential-oils/index-essential-oils.asp

Heh, you will notice he stocks 3-4 different sandalwood versions.

Marly

Thanks Dodgy; you see the price of that stuff!! Bearing in mind 2-3g would go into one tin of soap.....which is why I now use a f.o. which as far as I know is very close to the real thing. I couldn't smell the difference myself. Having said that I don't think I have smelt Mysore Sandalwood, so I'm comparing it to santalum album, but not specifically from Mysore.

I just had my 2nd shave with this awesome soap, this time i put the rest of the sample into an old TOBS cream pot.

Very easy to lather (much quicker than the sample pot), excellent lather, excellent skin feel after the shave - Awesome soap.

Hopefully there will be a menthol version at some point.

I've just ordered a full size version and a couple of shower soaps to go with it :D

I've been renewing and renewing your website all night and only just found the link in Vendor's - one tub on order and a Rose soap. Well done, Sharon, and congratulations on this most highly excellent soap going to market. Your fortune awaits you!

soapalchemist said:
Thanks Dodgy; you see the price of that stuff!! Bearing in mind 2-3g would go into one tin of soap.....which is why I now use a f.o. which as far as I know is very close to the real thing. I couldn't smell the difference myself. Having said that I don't think I have smelt Mysore Sandalwood, so I'm comparing it to santalum album, but not specifically from Mysore.

Fun seeing all those crazy things eh? The descriptions about some are very enabling to me. Prices are pretty nuts.

I'm not saying you should buy anything from anyone, but just rolling things around is all. The thing about using any FO is they aren't bound by the laws of nature.......heh. Something to keep in mind Toots.

If you wanna look around and see what notes appeal to you from any site, I would be happy to kick in a bit for science, Marie........

Oh what the heck, I also pledge $50 each from all the mods!!

Boney

Back
Top Bottom