Gannet squad alert! New formula - TESTING

I'm planning to do 'French Lavender' Dipesh; this also has Rosemary essential oil, which gives a sharper more medicinal scent. Not sure if I'll do plain Lavender at this stage, it's not one of the best sellers.

Please remind me, Sharon. Essential Oil (EO) is that taken from the plant - the good stuff, while (FO) Fragrance (?) Oil is a chemist's attempt to mimic nature - cheaper, not the good stuff. Am I anywhere near the mark?

Where do you use which? Or is that a trade secret?

Hermes delivered it today although it almost ended up in the neighbors hands, good job he didnt know what it was :p I joke of course all of my neighbors are upstanding pillars of the community :)

Thanks Sharon looking forward to using this tomorrow.

Jim

Bechet, that's about right. The reason I use some F.O.s is because you can get them in scents that you just can't get in E.O.s and also you can have stronger more long lasting scents. Also other reasons, e.g. the amount of some E.O.s that you can use can be so little you wouldn't even smell it. Rose being an example.
Glad to hear Hermes managed to get it to you jim3rg. :)

I hope Sharon don't mind me adding. But also Carl some Essential Oils are very scarce because of being over farmed. I recently discovered this myself with Sandalwood.

Sharon good to read all is going well, I wish you much success, and I'm looking forward to trying your new soap.

Best
D. :D

Yes, Mysore sandalwood is a bit of a tragic tale. I believe it's possible to get Rose e.o. with the offending ingredient removed, so that a reasonable quantity can be used, but no idea how that smells with part removed. The only place I could find the stuff would only sell it by the kg. Given I paid £84 for 10ml of the unamended version some years back, you can imagine the cost. Jasmin is another one that costs an arm and a leg. If I could find good quality sandalwood e.o. I would consider buying it, but having been ripped off once already for 100ml of the stuff which was not as strong as it should be, I'm not in the mood to try again right now.

soapalchemist said:
Yes, Mysore sandalwood is a bit of a tragic tale. I believe it's possible to get Rose e.o. with the offending ingredient removed, so that a reasonable quantity can be used, but no idea how that smells with part removed. The only place I could find the stuff would only sell it by the kg. Given I paid £84 for 10ml of the unamended version some years back, you can imagine the cost. Jasmin is another one that costs an arm and a leg. If I could find good quality sandalwood e.o. I would consider buying it, but having been ripped off once already for 100ml of the stuff which was not as strong as it should be, I'm not in the mood to try again right now.

Sharon you probably already know but stay away from Gracefruits, their Sandalwood/s is/are very bland to the point of being scentless. I have one that I am trying at the moment and I'm told does not smell like Sandalwood.

I do remeber buying some out in Astrialia back in the 1990's as a present for my girlfriend. It was a very good Sandalwood and I was going to buy some from an Astrialian group trading in the UK. But at £145 for 100ml I may pass on that as I am told Super Smooth is already too pricey. :)

I will PM you their details in case you are intrested Sharon as they do have smaller quanties available for testing.

Guys, I'm sorry for the inordinate delay in getting a range of scents to you in Signature. I have never in my life had so many problems with a recipe as this one. I have been tearing my hair out in despair, and tears have flowed into my soap pot. (Don't worry, the cried over stuff won't be for sale). I have also been hiding in shame at my utter failure. However, I hope these problems are behind me now; fingers crossed.
I am expecting to add to these, certainly Arabian Nights, Ice & a Slice, Sandalwood and Warm Spice. Will get to it as soon as I can. Don't forget the 10% discount code, which you can find here http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=28007&pid=396830#pid396830 see my last post for what to do if it doesn't work.
For those of you who like the red tins, these fortuitously were ready yesterday, in time for the resolution of my problems. I eagerly raced off to pick them up myself and am happy with the result. I think the picture on the site is reasonably accurate as regards the colour, at least on my monitor. I hope you'll like them in the flesh. I'm putting the scents on the lid in a transparent label, but if you think it looks tacky let me know. I could do without the bother, but some want it. The scent is of course also on the ingredients label on the back.
P.S. I have made a pre shave soap, which should be ready to be listed in a couple of weeks. Basically, it is a bar soap that gives a very non drying and particularly creamy lather. I'm also pondering a liquid shaving soap in a little bottle, which I think would be ideal for travel.

Hi Sharon, I've just checked out your website (love the red tins BTW) and was very surprised to see your range of Signature scents.
I can see Down Home Summer, Rose and Vanilla Cream. Fantastic scents but I thought you said you weren't doing Vanilla as it wasn't popular. What gives?

Sorry to hear about your soap making problems. Hope it's all sorted out now and wish you all the best with this fantastic range.

Appreciated, Dantheman, will be on it's way to you tomorrow, I'll confirm through the site when posted.
fancontroller; Vanilla was wanted by a member who has had it in the past in one of the two previous recipes, so I put it up there. Thanks for the good wishes. :) Is there something in particular you would like scent wise?

I had just decided that enough is enough, no more buying soaps... but did you say 'Ice and Slice'and 'warm spice'... well perhaps... maybe I have room for two more!!.
Hope your stress levels go down soon.

Jim

Marly, when I sent you that vid of my daily practice, I thought that was between you and me. I mean, just because it's on Youtube doesn't mean it isn't private.

Disappointed....

Thanks jim3rg, our hopes are in unison. And yes, I did say something like that.

WOO-HOO - Vanilla. Thanks Sharon.

Yes; it was me who begged for its return. When Sharon first asked for testers I was one of the first to read the thread but I didn't bother to respond as her Original and Olive Oil creams were already in my "must have at all times" list so if this offering was better than those it was going to be very good and I thought I'd let others have a chance to try it.

So I'm really looking to trying the Signature range. Glad to hear it's finally worked out. Paul

Back
Top Bottom