Goodfellas

Dobbo25 said:
So I would just like to say a big thanks to Brian from the Executive Shaving Company. I know they might be a bit more expensive on some products than others but when it comes to customer service, they were First Class.

I have found that they exhibit a level of customer service and patience which is quite beyond the call of duty. And don't forget you can get the TSR discount as well.

I ordered it through Amazon, If I'd have known that I could of got another 10% through TSR I would of done, but never mind, First shave wasn't too good but that could have been a combination of going in a bit aggressive with what seems a light and small razor, a new Feather instead of an Astra SP blade, which is normally the first blade I use in a new razor,and my sheer bloody impatience which resulted in a bit of razor burn and my face looking a bit like this:mad: :icon_lol:

A friend maybe going to NZ in November so I thought to ask her to buy me a Goodfella but an email from Goodfella this morning confirmed that they have discontinued the black headed version. That kinda focused my indecision and I thought to buy one. Then I realised they have a short handle and decided against. Then I found their last one to buy at Shaving Shack and my prevarication of several days is finally over!

It is a lot of money to pay for a razor head so the shave better be good!

Anyone wanna buy a Goodfella handle?

I know the handle is small but it does have a bit of weight to it, so it's worth just having a few tries with it to see how you get on, I thought I would struggle with the size of it but I'm quite surprised considering I normally use a Muhle R41 and R89, as they say its not the size that counts but how you use it :icon_lol:

Now there's a thing! This very morning I tried my Aristocrat for the first time and abandoned it after the first pass then used a DLC Weber with a new Classic handle - and the light went on, penny dropped. Size most certainly matters when you have hands as large as mine - but more important, the crucial consideration, is the mass of the razor.

The tiddy little, light-weight Aristo was crashing and bouncing from whisker to whisker, sorely tempting me to bear down as dodgy frequently advises I should. Same blade in the Weber and she was as smooth as smooth, gliding over my face with the lightest touch.

For me, a long handle permits balance and thus lightness of touch while the mass of the razor - most of which is in the handle of my razors - gives smoothness of action.

Caramba! Bloody obvious, really!

Bechet45 said:
Now there's a thing! This very morning I tried my Aristocrat for the first time and abandoned it after the first pass then used a DLC Weber with a new Classic handle - and the light went on, penny dropped. Size most certainly matters when you have hands as large as mine - but more important, the crucial consideration, is the mass of the razor.

The tiddy little, light-weight Aristo was crashing and bouncing from whisker to whisker, sorely tempting me to bear down as dodgy frequently advises I should. Same blade in the Weber and she was as smooth as smooth, gliding over my face with the lightest touch.

For me, a long handle permits balance and thus lightness of touch while the mass of the razor - most of which is in the handle of my razors - gives smoothness of action.

Caramba! Bloody obvious, really!

Carl, you should try Daz's handle that's on the pass around at the moment, if you haven't already. It's a beast of a handle and it's heavy too. I've been using it the last 3 days and it works a treat with the DLC head.

NNathwani said:
Carl, you should try Daz's handle that's on the pass around at the moment, if you haven't already. It's a beast of a handle and it's heavy too. I've been using it the last 3 days and it works a treat with the DLC head.

Why thank you - but I am very content with the hex stainless steel one Daz made for me. As well as being his best to date, it has length and heft - and does indeed take a DLC head very well (which is why I have a second one on order for when they become available again - meantime, a black Goodfella is on its way to me.)

Anybody want to buy a Goodfella handle?

Well, I tried to avoid upsetting you but as you insist ........

DSC00277.jpg
[/img]

DSC00281.jpg

The Aristocrat is there for comparative purposes and the frags for nothing else than showing off.

Now didn't I tell you it is his best yet? That is the opinion of both Mrs. Daz and myself!

Similar to what I'll end up with. I'm going to buy a DLC in the states and although I have a great brass handle, I think a SS handle would suit the black head better. Now, however, I'm wondering if I should get the hex design rather than what I have... or something in the middle.

dazhandle1.jpg

Anyway, that a beautiful handle.

This is one my brother made for me,and here's the spec :- It's stainless steel 93mm/3.6in long, about 11mm at the base, and weighs 57g/2.01 oz....he's currently making me another one 14mm in diameter 100mm/4in long just to give it a bit more weight.[attachment=5866]

Love it Carl, suits the head too. Dave keep that brass beauty, its class. Just buy another one, I certainly will. Dobbo, your brothers done you proud.

Daz's Missus can't have seen mine then, can't have:

8091884013_55285f368d_c.jpg

Well, as disappointments go, that was a complete rip-off, imo! Hand finished in NZ! Hand finished off in NZ, more like. The thread has coating missing - not such a big deal, I guess, but hardly 'hand finished'.

It's the small and cheap razor we see in the ads, for which we pay £60 - or don't!

I wanted the head and not the handle, to put it on artisan handles - Daz's was the one I had in mind. But no - the threads are not compatible! Goes on my UFO. Doesn't fit EJ or Merkur. It fits its own handle and my UFO. Very versatile, I don't think.

How does it shave? Don't know. I'll leave that till tomorrow morning when I've calmed down.

Value for money? Rip -off!

I know exactly what you mean on the finish mate but at least they fit my Muhle heads and a hand made one I own,the thread in the handle to fit the head should be M5 X0.8. My first shave was a big let down because I went in too aggressive with it, but it has got better with subsequent shaves but I think mine might end up on the bay or on here in the near future as it's not aggressive enough for me, so any suggestions for a OC razor with an aggressiveness rating between this one and a Muhle R41 let me know.

Back
Top Bottom