Goodfellas

Bechet45... before you shave with it, don't forget the DSR. You will be able to return the item and only lose your return postage. From what you've said I'd send it back. Once you use it then you can't return it. I don't think razors are excluded, they shouldn't be anyway.

Well! the shave was as good as the razor looks! Utter crap! The geometry is all wrong so the only chance of a close shave is to lay back till the handle is at 80-odd degrees to one's face - which is virtually straight razor shaving. Another way is to use it like a slant. Combine both and I got a few BBS patches.

I mean, I could go to the office with this shave - if I was unfortunate enough to have to go to an office - and there was no irritation, just it was unsatisfactory, left a bristle jaw line and all the time I'm thinking this is £60's worth of junk.

My recommendation: do not purchase, a definite no-no, a crap razor, imo.

I tried mine with an R89 Grande handle today,and I was surprised it was quite good, had a few touch ups to do under the neck and chin area but nothing more than when I used my 34c, I'm waiting for a new handmade handle and I'll see how it goes with that one, thing is, I didn't spend all this money to be dicking about swapping handles on it to get a decent shave.

Dobbo25 said:
I tried mine with an R89 Grande handle today,and I was surprised it was quite good, had a few touch ups to do under the neck and chin area but nothing more than when I used my 34c, I'm waiting for a new handmade handle and I'll see how it goes with that one, thing is, I didn't spend all this money to be dicking about swapping handles on it to get a decent shave.
Yeah, I got you there. £60 is a lot of money for a product that may have an iffy finish and a poor handle. The Jagger's and Muhle's do come with lovely handle and perfectly finished, high quality (imo) heads. Changing the handle for the sake of style or weight preference is one thing on a less expensive razor but at that price, I'd be wanting something that shouted quality at me. Still, if the head shaves you really well and you like the combination of it and the new handle then that is what is most important. Good to sound a note of caution to others thinking of this razor though.

I did not like the finish on my Goodfella cap , I e-mailed them and they sent out a replacement , remember you have a lifetime guarantee with the razor and if people don't complain manufacturer's will think it is acceptable to churn out inferior product's .
By the way I have used mine once in 12 month's , then consigned it to the "storage" area , couldn't get away with it at all , handle was too small and that's just for starter's

Derrick

On its day it gives a very good shave, As i said in my SOTD change things and it
can go all to hell.Its a pity beacuse its a lot of money for a so so razor. Just goes
to show not every thing that comes out of New Zealand is all conquering like the
All Blacks. Anyway i will persevere with the thing for the moment.

Gairdner said:
Dobbo25 said:
Yeah, I got you there. £60 is a lot of money for a product that may have an iffy finish and a poor handle. The Jagger's and Muhle's do come with lovely handle and perfectly finished, high quality (imo) heads. Changing the handle for the sake of style or weight preference is one thing on a less expensive razor but at that price, I'd be wanting something that shouted quality at me. Still, if the head shaves you really well and you like the combination of it and the new handle then that is what is most important. Good to sound a note of caution to others thinking of this razor though.
Unfortunately, the handle only being small has a good weight to it, It is the only part of the razor that is well engineered :dodgy:

Back
Top Bottom