Hair clippers

HC.jpg

Now, admittedly, it's not had a lot to do these past few years but I'd like to upgrade the hair clipper my wife uses on me every few weeks - head only! Despite having less to do each year it seems to be labouring even when fully charged or plugged in.

It still does the job but I'm wondering if there's something out there I could treat myself to?

I use hair clippers and mine are on their last legs, i've only ever used Wahl corded never used the cordless, these look good value for money. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-79400-800-Colour-Coded-Clipper/dp/B000J2474E/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1322987305&sr=8-6

Jamie

I will be getting a Wahl corded clipper next, I just want my Remington ones to die, they just won't!

I'll get the balding clippers next for a super close cut.

I think your better getting clippers that are mains fed Peter. My remingtons are never as good when used cordless and less to go wrong in the future!

Dipesh said:

I have a set of these... they don't take it all off, leave you with about one day's growth equivalent - about 1/64"... not sure Peter will be after a set of those though, unless it's to go with his new biker image :)

I've been through several sets of clippers - and they either blunted quickly (Babyliss) or burned out unexpected (Remington) - I fully expect to be able to drive the car over the Wahl without any ill effects (to the clippers).

Never had a battery/rechargeable set for the simple reason that clippers are all rated around 10W - that's a hefty bit of energy you need stored to run the clippers (which means heavier...) and rechargeable batteries always lose capacity eventually - nice to be stuck mid-buzz and needing to recharge for 8 hours to get the last straggly bit...

Her indoors got me a philishave 400 many years ago, it's mains driven and has never missed a beat. She gets roped into doing my hair about weekly, always just do it on the closest setting, no guard.

While I was having a look on the bay, I found this listing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nose-Shaver-Ear-Clipper-Hair-Trimmer-Face-Cleaner-Great-/270813146238?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item3f0db8ac7e

which begs the question - why on earth is there a picture of a comely young wench in the ad for a nose/ear hair trimmer? Are comely young wenches prone to nasal foliage? :icon_razz::icon_razz: Aye, you live and learn. :icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

hunnymonster said:
Dipesh said:

I have a set of these... they don't take it all off, leave you with about one day's growth equivalent - about 1/64"... not sure Peter will be after a set of those though, unless it's to go with his new biker image :)

I've been through several sets of clippers - and they either blunted quickly (Babyliss) or burned out unexpected (Remington) - I fully expect to be able to drive the car over the Wahl without any ill effects (to the clippers).

Never had a battery/rechargeable set for the simple reason that clippers are all rated around 10W - that's a hefty bit of energy you need stored to run the clippers (which means heavier...) and rechargeable batteries always lose capacity eventually - nice to be stuck mid-buzz and needing to recharge for 8 hours to get the last straggly bit...

The photo doesn't come through on my screen. Just a question mark in the middle of the square. My problem or yours?

Get some WAHL mains clippers Peter. I clip my own hair about every 2 weeks and I've used Wahl for about ten years... reliable and powerful. I've got these ones at the moment, I think they were about £20 at Argos:
http://www.wahlglobal.com/united-kingdom/wahl/personal-grooming-styling/hair-clippers/chromepro-adjustable.html

If yours are labouring then a new set will amaze you with their efficiency and power.

Another vote for Whal, corded.

I've had the same set for close on 20 years, I would think.

SWMBO cuts my hair every three weeks or so, and the Whal clippers have never missed a beat.

There was, I recall, a " Whoops " moment when SWMBO didn't fit the guide correctly, and It came off :icon_rolleyes:

This was before tramlines in hair became popular :blush:

Steev

Fido

If you want mains clippers - and they are best - Wahl Super Taper Professional are worth considering. For the few pounds extra (compared to the Wahl models you can get in Argos etc) they are much better, with a stronger motor and longer mains cord - which is surprisingly helpful.

http://www.saloneasy.com/clippers/supertaper.htm

Shame!! Shame!!! Mechanical Hair Clippers? What's the matter with a Straight Razor and a Comb??
Never clogs and gives a great cut or "Dusting" as they call it now. Someone must have a Straight that they can let you borrow to try it!

Wahl are the best I've ever used and I've been shaving my head every couple of days or so for about 25 years.

Once got some Nicky Clarke ones as they were on offer and looked very good. Unfortunately they weren't very well made (Unlike the Wahls, which have all been built like tanks lol), weren't very good and only lasted about 6 months before they stopped working altogether. Won't be doing that again!

+1 on the wahl super taper. They only come with guides 1 to 4 which may or may not be an issue for you.

If you do decide to get them I got mine from here for £40 plus free delivery, but I gave electric razors a miss though.

http://www.shavers.co.uk/product.php?product_id=444

Back
Top Bottom