Hair clippers

Interesting. What about these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-8110-Professional-Balding-Clipper/dp/B000VVT94G/ref=sr_1_7?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1347051028&sr=1-7

which seem to be designed to get really close?

I'm not sure mate, I've heard a lot about afro shave clippers recently (are they similar?) which were designed for tough stubble and meant to get down to a midges chuff of the scalp but I also read loads of reviews where it took a lot of passes, even 7 or 8 due to a lack of power.

Those WAHL do a single pass pretty much and it's all gone.

I'm doing blade only at the moment and it's pretty close, not shiny of course, but it's close cropped enough for me.

I have some Wahl cordless or powered clippers. They served me well, I used to trim my head and face with them.

They are alas no longer required as my head hair is longer and my facial hair is removed daily now.

I'd be happy to send these clippers to a new home.

Lose the beard said:
I have some Wahl cordless or powered clippers. They served me well, I used to trim my head and face with them.

They are alas no longer required as my head hair is longer and my facial hair is removed daily now.

I'd be happy to send these clippers to a new home.

I would like to offer those a new home.

Jamie.

Gingerpose said:
Have ordered the Wahl professional ones. Will soon see if they can handle my wiry locks. Thanks for the input. :icon_razz:

Don't think you can go wrong with Wahl professional ones. I bought mine in 1980 from a barbers supply shop and they are still going strong. Have had to take off the cutters to de-gunk them a few times, but other than keeping them oiled that is it...........:icon_razz:

Gingerpose said:
Interesting. What about these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-8110-Professional-Balding-Clipper/dp/B000VVT94G/ref=sr_1_7?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1347051028&sr=1-7

which seem to be designed to get really close?

I have those - you get to approx a 1 day stubble using them. Had them 18 months or so now, used 2-3 times per week and no signs of imminent failure.

Just used the Wahl clippers. Wow. Solid, heavy, quiet, easy to use, splendid result, less than five minutes to do the whole massive napper. Now that I've denuded my scalp I am looking for more things to use them on. As the missus is out at the mo, the cat is looking decidedly nervous at the prospect of a trim. :icon_razz:

i've had my Wahl Baldfader for years and it's still going strong
nice and heavy with a good motor, i'm sure Wahl offer a free lifetime sharening service?
the brand was recommended by Mrs H who used to be a hairdresser
just remember to clean after every use and oil regularly

my next set might be ones with ceramic blades though

I used to have a Remington Ceramic blade cordless clipper that used to die within seconds of being unplugged.........

My dear sister bought a Babyliss Super Clipper for Christmas, they have a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and so they have plenty of poke even when they are unplugged! They also have that "heavyweight" quality feel. So far, so good!

HC.jpg

Now, admittedly, it's not had a lot to do these past few years but I'd like to upgrade the hair clipper my wife uses on me every few weeks - head only! Despite having less to do each year it seems to be labouring even when fully charged or plugged in.

It still does the job but I'm wondering if there's something out there I could treat myself to?
Get a straight razor pal :)

Back
Top Bottom