Have you finished the first shaving soap you ever bought

My first soap was a stick of ARKO that came free with my Weishi about 15 years ago, not the best way to enter wet shaving as getting a lather out of it and the free scratchy broom of a brush I had was near impossible. I didn't finish it and think I binned it when I bought TOBS Sandalwood - which I finished in about 3 months.
I've never re-visited ARKO as have memories of sore face and frustration. I bet it's much better than I remember.

Yup. I work my way through all my rotation (8) before I get a new one. I have my RAD for soap (SAD) under control it's my razor inventory that grows faster than a pack of rabbit's.

I started with a tub of Cella, and worked my way through 3 x 150g tubs of that. I then moved on to Truefitt and Hill creams before formulating my own soaps.

Since then I have tried more soaps than I can remember, some because they appealed and others because I used them to benchmark my new 1912 soap. It was a hard job, but I guess someone had to do it. :)

I'm in wet shaving since 2012, my first soap was a La Toja Stick and yes, I finished it a lot of time ago
I also finished my second and third soaps, they were MWF and Calani

I started in Jan 2012 with a tub of eShave unscented shaving cream. That lasted a long time as I moved into scented creams and soaps. I eventually added some menthol crystals to it and finished it up after a couple of years.
I've never finished a soap. The closest I have come to finishing one is my Savonniere du Moulin Goats milk soap with has about a third left in it after 3 years.

finished more than one tub of blue wilkie, finished more than one tub of boots own brand stuff as well! neither of them dreadful by themselves but my word , there is no going back once you try better stuff! i think the boots one was my first,my first DE was boots own after getting sick of throwing cartridges and razors away after 1 or 2 shaves due to them clogging. a long time ago now!

I long ago finished the tube of Ingrams I started with. Was initially impressed, loved the menthol hit but found Palmolive Classic performed better, so never replaced it.

I've since finished a tub of Bodyshop Maca Root, a tub of Cella and my first pot of MWF, all of which I've replaced.

Regards,
Chris

Pre DE razors, I got going with a bowl of Boots soap/cream/croap with a cart. I think it took me a year to work through. Not a bad soap, but there are better. It's greatest purpose was as the leaping pad across to DE shaving. As it happens, I found a tube of boots brush soap in the back of my cupboard this morning. Gave it a whirl. It's not a bad soap, smells okay, but only just passes muster in terms of lather. That said, next time I use it I will double the amount I use, as it's not one to use sparingly in case it runs out. From there to Arko, Palmolive shave sticks, a tub of Poraso, and recently TOBS sandalwood. I would be interested to calculate how much shaving cream/soap I have now - I think it is about 3 years worth. However, actually planning to run out of shaving cream/soap is like chasing the horizon.

Yes, I finished my first soap and a load more. MWF (twice), Musgo Real, Boots bowl, Wilkie bowl, Tabac. Just starting out on a bowl of C&E West Indian Limes, but that won't last long as I love it! I use soap like I've got too much of it (I have), so it gets quite a beating. No point in being frugal with something so cheap.

Reactions: Omp
Back
Top Bottom