hello from copenhagen

just wanted to introduce myself.
i'm from copenhagen and don't really know of any suppliers of wet shaving necessities locally. so mainly joined this forum to gather information on where to shop online.
i already have my first DE in the post so i'm really looking forward to take the first steps into this new world. it sure looks like there is a lot to learn about your own face...

cheers
jonas

thanks for all the kind replies. here comes first question.

i'm going to order a sample pack and an alum block with connaught shaving and was wondering if there' anything else that i actually need to make my first experience as good as possible.
i have:
safety razor with a few blades
brush and bowl
pre shave oil
shaving cream
after shave - splash and balm

i guess i'm pretty much covered here, as a total noob i really have to feel reassured :oops: :roll:

Looks good Jonas. One thing that chaps new to DE shaving tend to skimp on is the preparation. There's a few posts about this here, but the easiest thing is to have a shave after you shower. If I don't need one or haven't time I use a flannel soaked in hot water to cover my 'beard' for a good couple of minutes. All this will help to prepare your face for your shave. Have fun!! :shave

thank you for the tip. i have been practicing a prep routine for some time in order to squeeze tho most out of the gilette cartridge thing i'm using at the moment...
you have to clarify one thing though. do you just sit leaned back with a damp towel on your head or do you have some way to hold it in place with the hands free to make coffee or something? would be neat. :cool:

Not that chilled out I'm afraid. I fill the sink with hot water, soak the flannel then press against my chops. When the flannel cools down I repeat. I might refill the sink if the water cools down too quickly. Haven't you got a sauna you could jump in to for a more effective prep? ;)

Perhaps you could patent a hot towel holder-upper? Cunning use of rubber bands and blue tack I suspect, but would need some research. :?

hunnymonster said:
Fido said:
Hello Jonas

Welcome. Prepare to part with some money. The more you read here the more you will be tempted!

Enjoy.

He'll be ok, I said you were paying for it all :lol:

as a student i need all the financial assistance i can get.
taler du dansk eller er du bare googletranslateekvilibrist?

drøn said:
thanks for all the kind replies. here comes first question.

i'm going to order a sample pack and an alum block with connaught shaving and was wondering if there' anything else that i actually need to make my first experience as good as possible.
i have:
safety razor with a few blades
brush and bowl
pre shave oil
shaving cream
after shave - splash and balm

i guess i'm pretty much covered here, as a total noob i really have to feel reassured :oops: :roll:

Welcome to the forum

Not been DE shaving that long myself, but it seems you are good to go!

As far as costs go I have no idea what might be available in your local pharmacy but many of the cheaper creams and soaps produce almost as good a results as the "expensive" brands albeit they are more luxuriant and self indulgent.

Back
Top Bottom