Help funding the site

The Amazon link is a good idea, they have made a fortune out of me over the years, it would be nice to know this site could benefit from purchases, however small the
percentage is.

I know that bandwidth and web hosting comes at a price, it's certainly not cheap so perhaps a contribute button is the way forward.

Just having a read through here, and the amazon idea is great... I use it mainly aronud Christmas time and birthdays!

Nice to know there is an option to pay back for the service we're being given for free! And yes, it is a service from all you helpful members!

well have made a number of purchases via the link over the last few weeks, only small value but hopefully you will receive these soon :)

Thanks to everyone using the Amazon link :) Every little helps.

For those who don't know where it is, have a look on the main portal page. The Amazon link will be on the left hand side. There is also a paypal donate button there now.

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/portal.php

Hi Boab, just been looking at site funding and as I use Amazon for quite a bit of shopping I thought 'good idea' for the Amazon button. It don't work, you may like to check it out so we can use it as our portal to Amazon. I'd like to think that at least some money will go to the site then.

There are amazon links at the bottom of the pages, I think if you click on one and then use that session to buy it will work.

I was getting nothing from Amazon on TSR pages - turns out Ad Blocker was responsible. It is now reset so we'll see if all the other/any ads on TSR pages drive me nuts or not.

ah yet the adblocker will do it, I try not to put too many ads up and disable any that flash, it should only really be text links at the top and some small amazon pics at the bottom.

I could kill two bird's with one stone here I don't know if any body members that NOS Y4 super speed that got sent to me? Well despite repeated messaging to the seller,he can't be bothered to answer me.

Now this razor is in my way, it's becoming the blain in my razor drawer's life (and mine ) I was thinking of selling it, and donating the proceeds to the TSR fund.

I'm may be one of the few people that like ads. Only difficulty is that on iPhone I don't get to see any on the sites. I wouldn't mind If there was a way to have them on the cell.

No but they sometimes try new things which they enable by default then I have to find out how to switch them off, I will have a look.

There is a revenue possible from Tapatalk, but it's pennies. I get a nice reliable income from buysellads.com which covers the hosting/domain costs easily, Amazon was always too hit and miss and only ever justified the space it occupied at Christmas time.

Back
Top Bottom