I love a bit of fat!!

Hi Boys,
I love Mitchells Wool Fat Soap. Love swirling my brush around the soap bar and love the fab, low irritation shave I get when I use it.

However ( you knew that was coming didnt you? :) ) I do not like the way it smells. I have already commented that is smells like Granny's Knickers and though, I am, I confess , a confirmed knicker sniffer.... I would like them to be slightly sweeter.........:icon_razz::blush:

So which soap next? I'm really prone to irritation so I need something as slippy and protective as the FAT. Just nicer smelling. :)

Thanks in advance for all suggestions

Weirdly, I find that a La Toja stick generates a lather that's similar to MWF - weird as it's a non-tallow veggie soap stick. Perhaps look at the new LEA stick; I haven't yet used mine but it contains lanolin like MWF.

I used MWF until it started to irritate me. I switched to Proraso sensitive and havent regretted it. Really thick unctuous lather but without the MWF smell. BTW as a confirmed knicker sniffer I think your sniffing the back, just a thought ;)

Re: RE: I love a bit of fat!!

WiffWaff said:
Just signing in to this thread as I'm more of a cream user myself and thinking of experimenting with some soaps. I think I may have to try the MWF regardless of the smell...

You should. It's better than the few creams I've tried. :)

YorkNeil said:
BTW as a confirmed knicker sniffer I think your sniffing the back, just a thought.

You Sir, are a sick man. Gross out!
:s:( :):p

But I must get around to trying the Proraso. Thanks for the tip.

Got to be the new formula LEA stick, as previously suggested. Easily produces as much dense, slippy, slidey, protective soap as a very soapy thing ! And as you already use the MWF you know you're not lanolin intolerant.
Since you are also into lovely scents at some point you may wish to check our own Professor Blighty's glycerine based soaps. Gr8 performance in a veritable cornucopia of flavours.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

+1 on the Wilkinson stick but I must confess to loving the smell of MWF. Olde worlde, traditional, honest-to-goodness heart warming scent.Love the smell of the bar soap too but it is slightly different. Cella is a champion latherer with its tallow and coconut oil goodness.

Back
Top Bottom