I love a bit of fat!!

It's great in all respects. I just finished a bottle of Mitchell's shampoo which has the same scent but stronger and lanolin in it. Very nice and you only need a small amount - it's fairly thick. I'll be ordering some more soon.
Soon I'll start on the shower gel.

Re: RE: I love a bit of fat!!

pugh-the-special-one said:
I also love the scent, there's something very old world traditional and very comforting about that scent.

Jamie

Each to their own I guess. It is very old world and trad - that's why I don't like it.

I like the smell of MWF as well, I don't mean to be disrespectful or bigheaded but, i don't understand why people can't use mwf because of smell?? Its not strong and don't stay long anyway. 2 minutes after the shave nothing is left about the smell.

... I'm about to find out about this stuff as I've just ordered some. It was 50/50 between MWF and an Italian soft soap, but I decided to go for something a bit different... and local. Next time I get Yorkshire sheep in my garden I might decide to make my own... the little woolly buggers!

Sezer74 said:
I like the smell of MWF as well, I don't mean to be disrespectful or bigheaded but, i don't understand why people can't use mwf because of smell?? Its not strong and don't stay long anyway. 2 minutes after the shave nothing is left about the smell.

Point taken sezer. I DO love the fat, but shaving is all about pleasure right? And it would be even better if I appreciated the smell. Agreed it should be no great shakes..... But the little things matter in this game. Don't you agree? :)

WiffWaff said:
... I'm about to find out about this stuff as I've just ordered some. It was 50/50 between MWF and an Italian soft soap, but I decided to go for something a bit different... and local. Next time I get Yorkshire sheep in my garden I might decide to make my own... the little woolly buggers!

Nice one. Hope you enjoy. It does give me great results.

This arrived today. As you can see it's soft and swirly. Smells delicious. Can't wait for my evening shave.
If it's as good as The Fat Ill be delighted.

I've also ordered a few items from Nanny. We'll see what transpires.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356798077929.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356798077929.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 35
Darren said:
Sezer74 said:

Point taken sezer. I DO love the fat, but shaving is all about pleasure right? And it would be even better if I appreciated the smell. Agreed it should be no great shakes..... But the little things matter in this game. Don't you agree? :)

WiffWaff said:

Nice one. Hope you enjoy. It does give me great results.

Yes you are right I agree with you %100 :)

Must get on....:dodgy: got work to do but just wanted to say a few words about my first shave with the Proraso White Pot Sensitive Skin Soap in comparison to the Fat.

The Proraso smells great and produces a very nice shave with very little irritation. On the flipside, it didnt quite produce that rich, low friction lather that the Mitchells is rightly famed for. It was also harder to load the brush. Perhaps this will improve as the pot wears down a bit - the Mitchell's has done so.

Both are great. But I can clearly see why the Wool Fat's reputation is so high.

It's all very interesting......

Roefisher said:
Another MWF fan here... :)

While great on it's own, I think that adding a little cream into the mix gives that bit more slickness and makes the lather less drying.

Mark

Now that IS an interesting idea. It never occured to me. You can tell I'm new here cant you? :)

Funny, to me MWF just has a rather fresh "soapy" smell. Not close to being offensive.
There are any number of great soaps out there...L'Occitane and iColoniali are nice soaps that also leaves my skin feeling soft.

Al H said:
I've just ordered a ceramic bowl and puck

Is it all you guys rave on about

It's certainly a great shave and goes a long way too. I don't think you'll have any regrets about trying it.

Back
Top Bottom