I love a bit of fat!!

Darren said:
Must get on....:dodgy: got work to do but just wanted to say a few words about my first shave with the Proraso White Pot Sensitive Skin Soap in comparison to the Fat.

The Proraso smells great and produces a very nice shave with very little irritation. On the flipside, it didnt quite produce that rich, low friction lather that the Mitchells is rightly famed for. It was also harder to load the brush. Perhaps this will improve as the pot wears down a bit - the Mitchell's has done so.

Both are great. But I can clearly see why the Wool Fat's reputation is so high.

It's all very interesting......
i like it but it is thicker and harder to lather than the green tub

Just to update this thread.......
I now find that I don't love a bit of fat at all. Since joining this forum I've been introduced to so many delightful soaps that smell so darn good that I can't see the point in putting up with the Mitchells for a moment longer. The Palmolive stick lathers better, nanny's smells far better and the Proraso white bowl is kinder to my skin..... The Mitchells is a horrid old antique in my opinion and I've just binned the last 3/4 of a puck after a final shave with it. It won't be missed.

Darren said:
I now find that I don't love a bit of fat at all...[snip]...The Mitchells is a horrid old antique in my opinion and I've just binned the last 3/4 of a puck after a final shave with it. It won't be missed.

Well then...still on the fence, eh? :icon_razz:

Darren said:
I now find that I don't love a bit of fat at all. Since joining this forum I've been introduced to so many delightful soaps that smell so darn good that I can't see the point in putting up with the Mitchells for a moment longer. The Palmolive stick lathers better, nanny's smells far better and the Proraso white bowl is kinder to my skin..... The Mitchells is a horrid old antique in my opinion and I've just binned the last 3/4 of a puck after a final shave with it. It won't be missed.

And there was me about to convince myself I need some! I have to many to work through before getting anything else. I also love Proraso White it's my go to soap.

Fido said:
And having just got another MWF, it's reminded me that it is the most challenging test of my lathering skills.

Touché!
It's just one of those things that takes a chunk out of your life before getting it right and with products out there like Martin de Candre that just lather themselves as soon as they see the brush approaching, life is just too short for MWF. Sorry MWF lovers.

I still love you MWF don't listen to them, with their modern, european ways!

They tried to make me believe you would be fussy and hard to work with, that your cachet was an acquired taste, that your reputation was no longer deserved - but I wouldn't listen and now I reap your rich reward.

You always lather easily for me and treat me soooo gently, my Ovine delight.

Fair enough Darren if you've found you prefer other stuff, YMMV and all that. Personally I like MWF (along with plenty of other stuff). Excellent performance, scent is pleasant enough, never had a problem lathering it with our moderately hard water. Just treat it the same as my other soaps, a little hot/warm water to soften it up while I shower, well soaked brush (whilst I shower if a boar or boar mix, just whilst I dry if a badger) given a couple of quick shakes to remove the excess water, load for 30 secs or so, face lather = plenty of slick cushiony lather. Nowt tricky about it, though I've not tried to use it anywhere with especially hard water. I find it's long established history and traditional British cachet part of it's charm, I'd imagine many do, but it's its tip-top performance that's the main attraction.

Of course we are all fully entitled to our preferences boys and I wish you all well.
But throwing away that greasy bar of soap was the smartest thing I've done all week. I considered using it in the shower but couldn't face emerging smelling like granny's boudoir but hey, if that's your thing....... :D

Darren said:
Of course we are all fully entitled to our preferences boys and I wish you all well.
But throwing away that greasy bar of soap was the smartest thing I've done all week. I considered using it in the shower but couldn't face emerging smelling like granny's boudoir but hey, if that's your thing....... :D

Heh, nice post,

That's right about everyone having their druthers. In this case you are wrong about not enjoying the scent, but no big deal. The MWF fragrance does indeed smell like grannie's drawers. How can anyone not like that fragrance?

What I don't understand is how some people will actually seek out other shaving products that either smell like cleaning day in a Turkish prison, or will have the revolting scent of dead things. Dead things!

You know any nut cases like that?

dodgy said:
Darren said:

Heh, nice post,

That's right about everyone having their druthers. In this case you are wrong about not enjoying the scent, but no big deal. The MWF fragrance does indeed smell like grannie's drawers. How can anyone not like that fragrance?

What I don't understand is how some people will actually seek out other shaving products that either smell like cleaning day in a Turkish prison, or will have the revolting scent of dead things. Dead things!

How dare you talk that way about my arko

Re: RE: I love a bit of fat!!

[/quote]

Heh, nice post,

[/quote]

Nut cases? This forum is friggin' dedicated to shaving...... We are all nut cases. :angel::dodgy:;)

NotTheStig said:
If it were me I would have offered it as a PIF here.
And then I would have taken myself up on my own offer as I love it!

I'm did consider doing a PIF but the Fat looked a bit greasy and all round nasty. So I threw it. Would only want to pass on good stuff to my shave brothers. ;)

Back
Top Bottom