Injectors low down

The Geordie Shaver said:
Thank's for starting this thread Martin , it make's really interesting reading as I begin my journey into the world of injector's , looking forward to it ,
Derrick

Truthfully, having this info in one place will make things a lot easier for people who know answers but have typed it all before in the past. Sometimes now I am just too lazy.......is that wrong?

Anyway, having some posts to read through should gracefully take care of the more common questions or whatever.

Glad you're enjoying reading this stuff,

Re: RE: Injectors low down

majortom said:
Got a Gillette Injector on the way. Anyone got one or know anything about how they shave?
Quite rare so would way go gentle and have head near to parallel with face. Let us know how you find itm

Got my schick L the other day. Word of advice though, don't put it in a steam steriliser. Managed to melt the top of the handle but it's still usable thankfully. It's funny though as I've used this method to sterilise all my other razors and never had a problem. Looks like I'll be using Milton in the future.
Shaved with this last night (first injector shave) and its definitely on the mild side but got a great shave with it. Really difficult to yourself damage with this and a nice change from the DE. I've heard it been described as a cross between a DE and a straight but I would say it's like a cross between a DE and a cartridge razor.

+1 on the L type. It's a nice easy, lazy shave without any fear of cuts or irritation. The G type gives the same shave, but a little closer, not so mild. I find the I type combines all the best features of the injectors in that it is exceedingly smooth and easy to use, yet mows those whiskers down in a couple of passes. The application of A/S barely registers on the sting chart after using the Hydro-magic I2.

majortom said:
+1 on the L type. It's a nice easy, lazy shave without any fear of cuts or irritation. The G type gives the same shave, but a little closer, not so mild. I find the I type combines all the best features of the injectors in that it is exceedingly smooth and easy to use, yet mows those whiskers down in a couple of passes. The application of A/S barely registers on the sting chart after using the Hydro-magic I2.

Argh.
Now I want an I type injector.

NNathwani said:
Got my schick L the other day.
Shaved with this last night (first injector shave) and its definitely on the mild side but got a great shave with it. Really difficult to yourself damage with this and a nice change from the DE. I've heard it been described as a cross between a DE and a straight but I would say it's like a cross between a DE and a cartridge razor.

Sounds like you took right to using the injector, so congrats on that. It can take a little while before the various tweaks are figured out and the shaves will get even better from here on out.

Heh, I admit to very rarely leaving some red in the lather when using injectors with certain very sharp blades. Yeah, I don't pay enough attention and user error takes over. One nice thing about those Chinese Schick blades is how forgiving they are. I didn't find that to be the case with a few vintage brands. I hope you decide on trying some of the more popular 30-40-50 year old blades sometime.

Martin

Here's a photo of my everyday one. I have mint ones that I'm saving for my next reincarnation.
But regardless of condition they all seem to work the same.(the inside on some are rusted up if the blades were left in them, need to ask if you want to use them as they were designed to be used.)
I don't use the repeating mechanism , just insert from the top as a regular injector. (No. A Feather blade won't work in it. Tried)[attachment=8198][attachment=8199][attachment=8200]

And... Yes. Pez did copy the design!

Just thought of it!! Gillette (China) had made a copy of the 'A'!! In plastic for their Twin track blade! I received this one as a gift from something I bought from a co there. For a travel razor it would be excellent(but... Plastic isn't really the best quality!)[attachment=8201][attachment=8202][attachment=8203]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376228326.703484.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376228326.703484.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 56
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376228347.158026.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376228347.158026.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 49
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376228400.315923.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376228400.315923.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 50
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376229299.393232.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376229299.393232.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 48
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376229334.620795.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376229334.620795.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 41
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376229384.302249.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376229384.302249.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 41
Johnus said:
Here's a photo of my everyday one. I have mint ones that I'm saving for my next reincarnation.
But regardless of condition they all seem to work the same.(the inside on some are rusted up if the blades were left in them, need to ask if you want to use them as they were designed to be used.)
I don't use the repeating mechanism , just insert from the top as a regular injector. (No. A Feather blade won't work in it. Tried)

And... Yes. Pez did copy the design!

Just thought of it!! Gillette (China) had made a copy of the 'A'!! In plastic for their Twin track blade! I received this one as a gift from something I bought from a co there. For a travel razor it would be excellent(but... Plastic isn't really the best quality!)

Strange looking object. How do they shave?

The "C" is excellent. Use it every day around my beard. (Don't trust myself with the St8 there). For that purpose a blade lasts me about a month.

dodgy said:
NNathwani said:
Got my schick L the other day.

Sounds like you took right to using the injector, so congrats on that. It can take a little while before the various tweaks are figured out and the shaves will get even better from here on out.

Heh, I admit to very rarely leaving some red in the lather when using injectors with certain very sharp blades. Yeah, I don't pay enough attention and user error takes over. One nice thing about those Chinese Schick blades is how forgiving they are. I didn't find that to be the case with a few vintage brands. I hope you decide on trying some of the more popular 30-40-50 year old blades sometime.

Martin

Hi Martin. Yeah, I could pretty much find the angle right away no problem with this. I've been using the Personna blades from Connaughts and first impressions are that they're good but it would be interesting to try others. Definitely want to buy more injectors now though. Just when I thought I'd tried most of the DE razors I wanted to try these have come along. Oh well......

NNathwani said:
Hi Martin.
Definitely want to buy more injectors now though. Just when I thought I'd tried most of the DE razors I wanted to try these have come along. Oh well......

I went the other route. Used only injectors for at least six months before switching to a DE and I tried a lot of them. Heh, I had more than a few injectors in the arsenal back then....old blades too. Seriously, these things are a lot like a DE when it comes to tweaking the equipment till perfect.

My pleasure being a helper.........

Manoflamancha said:
majortom said:
Got a Gillette Injector on the way. Anyone got one or know anything about how they shave?

I have one and find it mild. Mine is designed to take twin blades but will also take singles.

Update. It's a Gillette "Twinjector". I can't locate any Gillette twins for it but I do have some Schick twins which I use and also some single Schicks and Personnas which fit fine.

Back
Top Bottom