Injectors low down

majortom said:
The L is pretty mild as is the J. I would think your next injector would possibly be a G or I, and you will feel the difference in "effectiveness". With smooth shavers like the Schick, I always feel it's slightly misleading to consider one more "aggressive" than the other. Some people describe the E type as being the most aggressive, but I just find that it gets the job done quicker and better, two passes for a close shave rather than 3 and a touch up as in the L type. YMMV of course.

I'll keep an eye out in the future, I get away with 2 passes at the moment, but if a G or I are more effective then that's even better.

They are incredibly smooth though aren't they? So glad I got one!

Cheers :)

Alex

With ref to the loose head, this happens fairly regularly with the injectors and is normally caused when people attempt to remove the old blade without replacing it with a new one, in order to clean the blade holder base, and they wedge open the head with a screwdriver or pencil etc. This tends to weaken the little spring clip that clamps the head tight. It is possible to bend this clip back into shape but it's a fiddly job, and as long as the head is tight when a blade is in, then I'd leave it be. When I get an Injector for the first time which does not have an old blade in, and the razor has been cleaned and polished, I've found that often there is some play in the head, or, more commonly, the blade holder is slightly misaligned, making it difficult or sometimes impossible to load another blade, as the new blade fouls the lower portion of the blade holder.

On a whim I bought a G1 cheap at an antique shop and being ignorant of injector razors I failed to realize that loose is bad. I managed to pry the spring up over the nub to clean and get it back in place. Regardless, it rattles. I am tempted to try and tweak the spring but I realize it's old and probably has about as much stability as a wing on a WWI SPAD. Nonetheless, it's the only solution. Any pointers? :confused:

I've never had great success in firming up the spring again. Either they break or just loosen again. If the blade itself is tight and the head is properly aligned, they work fine and shave great, regardless of the looseness.

There is a lot of G Types getting sold at the moment with knackered spring due to sellers removing the blades through forcing them open and or tampering with the springs...Its always dodgy buying an injector that has the blade removed....o_O

Billy

Back
Top Bottom