Internal Server Error

OK, so something about the combination of your browsers & ISPs and the particular mix of software here (which isn't throwing up errors for the rest of the populace, unless they're so badly affected that they can't post to tell us). Seems less likely to be the forum end because there are no errors logged (and there should be if the server error is actually coming from the server)

I've not checked with Boab to see what did or didn't get applied. I know I applied one update last Friday while Boab was having internet issues.

Well, the good thing is that 90% of the time the site works just fine :)

I'm a thicko so it's no good me trying to understand half that you blokes are talking about....but I just had it and couldn't reply to a post.

Desktop PC
Chrome
Win 7
My ISP is IDnet
I don't use Tapatalk.

Never seen it on any other sites. Don't get it here very often.

That's exhausted my sum total of knowledge.......

Thanks, Hunnymonster. Absolutely nothing I can add or contribute and I realise that intermittent occurrences are the hardest thing to fix.

Can only repeat that I've never seen the message anywhere else.

Is there anything else, other than what I've posted, that can anyone can assist with?

I'm not doubting that it happens - but there is zero evidence to examine at this end, which you may appreciate makes it (frustratingly) impossible to investigate with any meaningful purpose (too many variables to eliminate).
Happened 4 times yesterday when I tried to post a reply using an iPad. Has happened before yesterday and was a fairly regular occurrence, but hadn't happened for several weeks until yesterday.

Just happened repeatedly as I was trying to send a Pm to a member. (Chrome)

Swapped to Firefox and it went OK...might be coincidence, might not - I don't know.

Have a strong suspicion this has something to do with message formatting or certain words that the forum doesn't like.
Like in the old forum, I couldn't use the word Rolex. It would give me an error message and not let me post.

I tried to post a message today and it wouldn't let me, giving this "server error" until I gradually removed certain elements of what I was writing.
Unfortunately, I couldn't pin it down completely because I kept getting locked out of the forum.
I suppose, some sort of temp ip lock due to perceived spamming or similar?

If anyone gets this message, I would try altering your wording/formatting and see if it resolves itself.

I'm getting this very often when I try to edit a post.

It seems to work fine sometimes but when it hits a bad patch, I can't get it work on anything. I've tried Android tablet & phone, with Chrome and Naked browsers. I've also tried on my Windows 10 PC with Edge and Firefox browsers. It makes no difference.

My ISP is Plusnet.

Edit: I seem to be able to edit this post just fine but I can't edit my post in the "what are you waiting on to arrive" thread in general shaving for love nor money.

Edit2: I can't post a reply in that thread either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom