Internet Radio

Pig Cat said:
chrisbell said:
Pig Cat said:
hunnymonster said:
Radio 4 Extra = repeats of the comedy & drama from Radio 4 (from the last million years)

I think you'll find they go back a lot further than that. Endless repeats of The Goons for example. :icon_rolleyes:

A man who likes an unfunny bloke pretending to be a rapper offers an opinion on comic taste, hmm...:icon_biggrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_razz:
Seriously, though - it was and still is popular for a reason.:sleepy:

I agree that it is still popular.

With Prince Charles. :p

He's a DE shaver, you know, so he has some taste.

Pig Cat said:
hunnymonster said:
Radio 4 Extra = repeats of the comedy & drama from Radio 4 (from the last million years)

I think you'll find they go back a lot further than that. Endless repeats of The Goons for example. :icon_rolleyes:

Needle nardle noo & ying tong iddle-i-po!

My Sunday morning shave isn't the same without either the Goons or Hancock's Half Hour as an accompaniment!

Boab said:
Last.FM subscription is only £3 a month and you can stream it to some internet radio devices at home.Spotify is just annoying me now, since they decided to restrict the time allowed to listen all I seem to get is those annoying adverts.I think they tested the staff to see who would sound the most irritating through headphones and got them to read the scripts.Anyway does anyone use a radio capable of streaming? I am looking at this one <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roberts-Stream-Stereo-Internet-Speaker/dp/B002VEN10O/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roberts-Stream- ... roduct_top</a><!-- m -->

I've got two - started with a LOGIK IR100 which was going cheap in PC World a few years ago. I recently bought a Revo Domino D3 as the Reciva software run on the LOGIK is no longer being supported and it's not updating many of the Listen Again services before 12pm, so there's NOTHING available on the menus.

The Revo is great, but it lacks the transport controls of the LOGIK which allows you to pause, FF, REW or jump to any point in any Listen Again stream. With the Revo, you end up having to start all over again should the stream hiccup or your connection drop temporarily. You can't just jump back to where you left off.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Robert-Stream-Stereo-Internet-Radio/dp/B004762ZRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329769181&sr=8-1

digging this thread back up, I was looking at this in John Lewis yesterday. I am about to pull the trigger, hold me back!!!!!

Internet Radio section to follow :D

Boab said:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Robert-Stream-Stereo-Internet-Radio/dp/B004762ZRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329769181&sr=8-1

digging this thread back up, I was looking at this in John Lewis yesterday. I am about to pull the trigger, hold me back!!!!!

Internet Radio section to follow :D

Have you seen this one? It looks to be better. What do you reckon?

I've got a Revo Heritage.

Beautiful piece of design, sounds great and is packed full of functionality (DAB and DAB+ if we ever get it, FM, internet radio, Last.fm streaming, media streaming, etc).

It was a tad expensive but Revo are a great company and it has been on every day since I got it.

evo-radio-main.jpg

I think that's the older model?
I would like it to have an optical out ideally but it's not a show stopper.

US not sure it's available in the UK. I have a small Sony Dash that operates as a wifi radio, plus other things, off of the computer's wifi line that comes into the house. Using this I have downloaded Shout cast (free radio web site) that I use to listen to US and worldwide stations on. If you have it there you might want to look it up to see what it offers. Believe I paid<90$us for the Dash.

Boab said:
nice looking unit Paul, optical out by any chance?

Yes, it has a digital out port that you could connect a fibre cable to.

I have it linked to my amp with 'chunky cables' (hand made audio cables from Fleabay) and it sounds great.

It's also an IPod dock.

I love it. As I said, it's not the cheapest, but it's a composite of aluminium, wood and a really nice rubberised finish.

antdad said:
I have a Pico which is great but not what you're after, they also have an Ebay outlet store which is worth keeping an eye on.

I got a heritage from them for £145.00 delivered from their outlet shop a few weeks back. I looks brand new even came with the original box. I did look a the latest model but the few differences between the 2 I could not see the point in paying another £75.00 ?
Its a great piece of kit, does everything I want it to and looks classy unlike some of the Roberts radios I looked at for similar money.
And you have a full 12 months manufactures guarantee as well, not some 3rd party one?

Back
Top Bottom