Late to the party as ever... Fountain Pens

I have a Cross fountain pen which I use almost every day, I'm a cartridge person though as I travel around a lot while working so carrying a bottle of ink wouldn't really be that practical.

Cross-Pen.jpg

I only use Black Ink, as Cross cartridges seem to only come in a few colours and Black seems the most practical. I would quite like another pen, maybe with some nice Blue Ink in it. I am tempted by getting Rod Neep to make me one in Kingfisher Burl to match my Shaving Brush, but have so far restrained myself from pulling the trigger.

Re: RE: Late to the party as ever... Fountain Pens

Lose the beard said:
I have a Cross fountain pen which I use almost every day, I'm a cartridge person though as I travel around a lot while working so carrying a bottle of ink wouldn't really be that practical.

http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/Visconti-Travelling-Inkwell.html

Nicey but pricey, mind.

I'm glad they are out of stock.

I will probably stick with cartridges as for me they are more practical. I have some in my Desk drawer in the office, some at home in my home office, and I carry some with me in my laptop bag. It just seems less hassle to me, and less messy.

Another vote for the service from cult pens, ordered a Kuru Toga pencil yesterday and it arrived first thing this morning, free delivery plus a free sample stabilo point 88 thrown in.

The upside of bottles is price and range - and no throwaway plastic bits, if you care about that.

I only keep ink at work. A full pen lasts me well over a week, and I tend to just check them on a Friday and refill if less than half full.

Started off during high school years with a Parker 25, if I remember the model correctly. Did not use it much until 2008, when the love of nice writing instruments was actually revived within me.

Since then, about a dozen Lamy's, a couple LE ones by Cartier, a Waterman Audace earlier this year, three MBs (Boheme red lacquer, 149 and 146 Platinum) and a few more others.

A number of ink brands used, with Diamine not being one of my favorites may I say. The Lamy ink I've been using it only with the Safari's, and there it has been performing well.

Private Reserve was my favorite, only till Feb of this year when I tried four different MB inks with two MB and one Cartier pens. I now consider the MB ink to have excellent flow and needless to say it pairs the Richemont Group's writing instruments excellently.

Last but not least, I utilize my pens daily, all are inked and are rotated regularly. They all have a different color ink on and make for a lovely casual writing instrument, especially the 149, 146 and the Cartier Diabolo and Louis.

If you have any kind of fountain pen in your den, get it out and ink it. Regardless of its purchase value or brand, they are all terrific and above all truly different writing instruments therefore it is a pity not to enjoy using them.

If I buy few more fp's in the future, they will most likely be 149s in different nib sizes. The 149 is a shockingly user-friendly pen.

20120605242.jpg

I know I have a parker frontier GT fountain pen and some ink in the post but I want to play with my parker 25, it just feels as good as the day I got it. brings back some happy memorys of my last days of school:icon_biggrin:

I have had 5 MB 149's, 1 was stolen, 1 destroyed by a JCB and 3 in rotation.

I use only MB Ink with them.
I love having one in my shirt pocket they just come to hand so...readily, they are reliable and I like how every now and then someone will look at my pocket and just from seeing the white flower on the cap say "nice pen" my reply is always "yes it is"

If only my handwriting could do them justice:)

jaycey said:
I have had 5 MB 149's, 1 was stolen, 1 destroyed by a JCB and 3 in rotation.

I use only MB Ink with them.
I love having one in my shirt pocket they just come to hand so...readily, they are reliable and I like how every now and then someone will look at my pocket and just from seeing the white flower on the cap say "nice pen" my reply is always "yes it is"

If only my handwriting could do them justice:)

As you can see my handwriting ain't that good, but that don't bother me ,I like fountain pens, they fit with my old fashioned style and that's ok with me.:cool:

you guys are going to hate me but

i remberd where i got the nib and ink for my. lamy safari from

www.thewritingdesk.co.uk/index.php

quick delivery and well packed

$(KGrHqZ,!pwE-)NLVfSIBPygfoO,3!~~60_12.JPG

You rotters.
I pulled the trigger on this NOS Parker 45 this morning.

I have been using Jotters for far too long......

Mind you - the people I work with think Im suave and sophisticated for using an orange barrelled Jotter - they will think i have become a life peer if I start using the 45!

Back
Top Bottom