Late to the party as ever... Fountain Pens

hunnymonster said:
OK - that's a bargain... you are the new Sunburyboy of joustiness :D

I don't think anybody can be the new Sunburyboy,If I know him ,he would have got that pen for about £2.50 delivered, he's like the terminator of the collecting world :icon_biggrin:

hunnymonster said:
OK - that's a bargain... you are the new Sunburyboy of joustiness :D

never ..................... !!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

Father Ted said:
$(KGrHqZ,!pwE-)NLVfSIBPygfoO,3!~~60_12.JPG

You rotters.
I pulled the trigger on this NOS Parker 45 this morning.

I have been using Jotters for far too long......

Mind you - the people I work with think Im suave and sophisticated for using an orange barrelled Jotter - they will think i have become a life peer if I start using the 45!

nice one :icon_razz::icon_razz:

Very well done

hunnymonster said:
Take a look at Diamine - they have 95 in their catalogue at the moment...

Now they have 100 colours... obviously N_A's opinion isn't shared with the ink-buying public :)

One bottle of Omas brand sepia has landed too.

Another retailer of note:

www.writehere-uk.com - they have an actual shop in Shrewsbury - so I may innocently suggest a trip to Shrewsbury to SWMBO next time we're at her mum's :D

Gosh could 'pen of the day' rival the SOTD thread?

I too used a Parker 25 through poly and into work, but it finally gave in and the barrel collapsed. These days the pen I use daily is a Waterman with a medium nib, and Quink dark blue ink . The Waterman refillable cartridges are really good and show no sign of wearing out after 7 years.

Can't beat a good fountain pen I say. Gives one an air of authority at work.

I have 2 very sheaffer pens, both require carts that aren't made anymore, I've searched high and low to no avail.. so they're now stuck in a drawer.

So because of this I went all mad a few years ago when I had lots of cash to blow and bought myself a brand new Montblanc Meisterstück - Mozart The reason, I wanted a small fountain pen, and I wanted to be able to get cartridiges everywhere. (Montblanc is very widespread in France)

I use a blue-black ink, which looks really nice ;)

Not really a collector, but since I'm a creative writer, I like having a nice tool for the job ;)

M.

FrenchBlade said:
I have 2 very sheaffer pens, both require carts that aren't made anymore, I've searched high and low to no avail.. so they're now stuck in a drawer.

So because of this I went all mad a few years ago when I had lots of cash to blow and bought myself a brand new Montblanc Meisterstück - Mozart The reason, I wanted a small fountain pen, and I wanted to be able to get cartridiges everywhere. (Montblanc is very widespread in France)

I use a blue-black ink, which looks really nice ;)

Not really a collector, but since I'm a creative writer, I like having a nice tool for the job ;)

M.

Hi,fountain pens rock ,I'm just a common Parker man myself but love writing with a fountain pen there just nice to wright with.

I dont know if this is a good forum to sell pens on or should i just go to ebay.

I have a Waterman Expert Fountain Pen Black/Gold Trim Model Number S0951660. Bar a few signautres has hardly been used in the 4 years since bought from new for just under £100.

Its nearly mint, with a decent box and used refillable ink cartridge. Now that im getting the vintage razor bug I am just trying to raise my paypal so I can bid on the Fat Boy im watching.

Is it worth making a BST post and does anybody know a decent value.

Thanks

FrenchBlade said:

not wanting to sound stupid but have you tried looking for the refillable cartridges

Al H said:
FrenchBlade said:

not wanting to sound stupid but have you tried looking for the refillable cartridges
Yeah, I did, but these are special, so the refillable ones don't exist. (these pens are quite thin). I've looked everywhere online, but also scoured local shops.

I did uses normal carts for a while by refilling them with a seringe, but that's a bit messy and not ideal.

M.

Back
Top Bottom