Lidl Aftershave

Popped into because SHMBO wanted to look at a few plants.
I noticed there was and couple of aftershaves, once being ICE.
Anyone tried them? Any good?

Fucking hell mate, I know it's a Friday and we've all had a few drinks, but come on, Lidl / Aldi aftershave?
This is a site where we celebrate the quality grooming experiences in life.

Do you need to borrow a few quid? You can tell us. :-D

Seriously, it's quite a good question, I had no idea Lidl did an aftershave.

Canuck said:
Seriously, it's quite a good question, I had no idea Lidl did an aftershave.
I hope their AS is better than their whiskey! I was "gifted" a bottle of their own brand last year, I didn't look forward to it then and the first glass confirmed my suspicions. I probably would have been better off drinking their aftershave!

daz

Sometimes cheap aftershaves can be very nice, for example, boots freshwood, superdrud pinefresh and M&S havard. I like them. and the shaving cream from poundland was good. BUT I hate Lidl so i don't think i will be buying and trying their aftershave and you never know it may be nice.

Snobs.

You don't mind paying 5p for 200 blades sold from a shack in China but can't bring yourselves to buy stuff from Lidl.

joe mcclaine said:
Snobs.

You don't mind paying 5p for 200 blades sold from a shack in China but can't bring yourselves to buy stuff from Lidl.

My sentiments exactly. Come one guys, it was q genuine question, let's not get pretentious.

I'm going to pop in to superdrug tomorrow to check out the £2.50 actrshave from the other thread.

Now £2.50 is f-ing cheap!!!!! But if its good, then more fool you for not trying it because of the price or where its from.

joe mcclaine said:
Snobs.

Brilliant. What we need now is a quote from Lloyd Edwards. I'm off to bed now, can't wait till the morning.

Its not being a snob, its just the shop, its an awful place, horrible shop. Superdrug's a/s is good that new sierra breeze is good but to me it smells like a shower gel, its nice but i prefer the other one i think its called pine fresh.

I wouldn't want it to be my only shop, but it is incredible value for a few things.
As for Lidl own label Whiskey, they do several own brands, Ben Bracken is fairly good still. It started off excellent - they bought up the unbottled barrels from a 'sold to the big boys' Scottish distillery - and sold for £16.99, what had been £78.00 in another bottle! I've got 3 of those left, but the current one is very drinkable.
The shops themselves are very inconsistent, Fishponds in Bristol and Whitworth Park in Manchester I know to be good. Longsight, Manchester is usually worth avoiding. They have a strange system all their own, but for selected items like Sm Trout, basic charcuterie, unbeatable, even compared to M&S. Good quality flour, butter and eggs are the cheapest around too.
UKRob - "Brilliant. What we need now is a quote from Lloyd Edwards. I'm off to bed now, can't wait till the morning. "
I hope you slept well. Did you dream of me?

love'n'joy
Lloyd

I have no problem with lidl itself and indeed buy quite a lot of stuff from there as well as aldi. It was just one of their own brand whiskeys I didn't like, I did however manage to drink it mixed with canada dry :)
If reports come back that their as is nice then iwill quite happily buy it

Lidl is a cracking shop and so is Aldi.
I use them both, exvellent products with being drowned in silly offers I find is the best part.
Yes there are some ropey shops in some areas but does it really matter?

joe mcclaine said:

I can't see anyone being a snob, my comment was about the closest to being denigrating and it was wholely in jest, as I thought I had been clear about. Sorry if you missed the humour.

Everyone's free to buy whatever aftershave they want. To have a crack at someone who likes the expensive stuff and doesn't entertain cheap brands is just reverse snobbery anyway.

Back
Top Bottom