Lidl Aftershave

Canuck said:
joe mcclaine said:

I can't see anyone being a snob, my comment was about the closest to being denigrating and it was wholely in jest, as I thought I had been clear about. Sorry if you missed the humour.

Everyone's free to buy whatever aftershave they want. To have a crack at someone who likes the expensive stuff and doesn't entertain cheap brands is just reverse snobbery anyway.

As a long-standing member of the forum you should know not to take anything Vinny says seriously.

A - W said:
Popped into because SHMBO wanted to look at a few plants.
I noticed there was and couple of aftershaves, once being ICE.
Anyone tried them? Any good?

Did they not have testers?

If it's cheap enough I think you should try it on behalf of the forum and put all our minds at rest :)

I picked up a bottle a year or so ago from either Lidl or Aldi, I can't remember, but there was a range of deodorant and shower gel. A blue bottle.

It ended up in the bin. I remember it being the typical citrus fresh deo scent only with a sickly cologne cling to it. Think the blue Brut and you won't be too far off. I thought at the time that it felt greasy on my skin and didn't really rate it.

EDIT: Just remembered that they sell Simple for men ASB and face wash. Buy that instead.

I haven't tried the aftershave but the after shave balm is pretty good, a bit like a Nivea knock off. The bottles are often mixed up on the shelf in my local store though so you have to make sure you're picking the right one!

I have no problems with lidl and aldi. my view a potato will be the same weather it was brought from lidl or Harrods.

As for their after shave I've never been in the position that I would need to drink it because I'm only half way through my bottle of Boots bay rum :)

I only shop in the big name stores when theres something I cannot get from lidl or aldi.

The whiskey is good too but then I will drink anything that is put infront of me ;)

Today, i went to lidl's, They didn't had the tester for aftershave, but the aftershave balm smelt very nice. and it was £2.49 I didn't buy it because i got quite few that i haven't even opened. but later i will buy, so it smells good but the boots a/s and a/s/b is similar price

Big.Dave said:
I have no problems with lidl and aldi. my view a potato will be the same weather it was brought from lidl or Harrods.

As I guy that cooks a lot I can assure you it won't. At least I can speak for Waitrose.
Anyway, wanna take one for the team on the AS front? :icon_razz:

Helveticum said:
Big.Dave said:

As I guy that cooks a lot I can assure you it won't. At least I can speak for Waitrose.
Anyway, wanna take one for the team on the AS front? :icon_razz:

A maris piper from waitrose will taste the same as one from lidl. And I'm pretty sure that in a blind tasting you would not be able to taste the difference.

:)

I cook a lot too but I'll leave it at that ;)

Back
Top Bottom