Longest Lasting EdT, EdC, AS etc.

Just recently, some of us benefitted from the fantastic deals in Tesco Direct's clearance of men's fragrances / box sets etc. The most notable of which for me was Yardley Citrus and Wood EdT.

This got me thinking, in the experience of our members, which specific products / fragrances - whether EdT, EdC, AS etc. - last the longest?

For example, the aforementioned Yardley Citrus and Wood lasts all day (>12 hrs). Similarly, IME, Geo. F. Trumper's Sandalwood Cologne is particularly efficacious.

As always YMMV but, in terms of tried and tested experience, what do folk think?

I have very few which last all day. A lot of the frags I like are lavender based which doesn't seem to have a whole lot of staying power for me, although Floris Lavender does quite well.
The ones which have lasted well for me are AOS Sandalwood, TOBS Jermyn St collection and Czech & Speake No.88.

Less expensive ? For me it's that long time standby, Brut in the glass bottle with the medallion.
Most expensive was a couple of squirts of original 007 cologne from a m8's bottle which gave me a headache and was still detectable on my wrist next morning.

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/.

You can add a compund to increase scent longevity iso propyl something (used in encre noire) vinny mentioned it on a previous thread I believe. My longest lasting are:
Encre noire
James Bromley
Guerlian ideal homme
Harvard or autograph ramge from M&S
Body shop musk edp
Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce

sj184 said:
YSL Kouros edt will last 24hrs!
Channel Allure whether it's the AS or EDT will last 12hrs.

Yes indeed - YSL Kouros is an absolute classic.

Many the Saturday night I liberally splashed Kouros on before going out. It was still there on the Sunday morning 'walk of shame'... :icon_redface:

Indeed, YSL Kouros ... still perceptible during the day after, with only a couple of spritzes behind the ears. Chanel Antaeus, also. That said, I've got a home made Bay Rum which carries on into the next day. It might be a case of what you tune into personally - for me, it's Oak Moss and Vetiver that I can single out and carry on smelling for a long time after.

Nishy said:
You can add a compund to increase scent longevity iso propyl something (used in encre noire) vinny mentioned it on a previous thread I believe. My longest lasting are:
Encre noire
James Bromley
Guerlian ideal homme
Body shop musk edp

Nishy do you have the edt Guerlain Ideal? I have it but find it only lasts a few hours. Disappointing as the l'instant I have lasts ages and the ideal is a nice scent.

fly3k said:
Nishy said:
Encre noire
James Bromley
Guerlian ideal homme
Body shop musk edp

Nishy do you have the edt Guerlain Ideal? I have it but find it only lasts a few hours. Disappointing as the l'instant I have lasts ages and the ideal is a nice scent.
Yes I do, if I spray it in the morning it will last till around 5/6pm but at this stage I just get vetiver and a light amber.

Its definitely not as long lasting as say tom ford but neither is it as heavy a fragrance if that makes sense.

I can smell Pheonix CaD 4-5 hours after I've applied it. Great stuff with brilliant staying power. I wear TOBS Jermyn Street aftershave as an EDT, applied it at 7.30am this morning and can still smell it faintly at 3pm.

Back
Top Bottom