Longest Lasting EdT, EdC, AS etc.

Celtic67 said:
gazza said:
Haven't read page 2 so I don't know if anyone
has mentioned Quorum yet?

+1

And it's doubly good value. It doesn't cost much to begin with and the missus won't nick it, so it'll last longer. Definitely not unisex.

Yes, Quorum is another old favourite of mine. It's a proper man-scent and great value to boot.

Celtic67 said:
gazza said:
Haven't read page 2 so I don't know if anyone
has mentioned Quorum yet?

+1

And it's doubly good value. It doesn't cost much to begin with and the missus won't nick it, so it'll last longer. Definitely not unisex.

Unisex!

Its the olfactory equivalent of chewing a bulls testicle
while punching a bear.

Even Vinny finds it a challenge and he shaves
with an exposed brick wall.

Irrespective of whether I have other frags on the go, I notice that most of my jumpers and scarves smell of an amalgamation of the Serge Lutens offerings I've worn this year: Chergui, Daim Blonde and Santal Majascule. Make of that what you will!

Acqua di Parma Colonia Oud lasts and lasts ans lasts. I made the mistake to put a tiny bit from a sampler on my skin at John Lewis. I hated it immediately and the stench just wouldn't go away for ages, even after a shower. Vile, vile, vile and 150 quid a bottle as well... shudder...

LeeBot said:
£150 for something that is just there to smell good - or bad as the case may be?

There's plenty of lovely stenches to be had for less than £20.
I didn't try it to buy it - curiosity got me. For nice and expensive smellies (not the Oud) I normally reason thus: Gram for gram it's 20 times dearer than (say) Cella Colonia Classica. Is it nicer than the Cella? Probably yes - barely. 20 times nicer? No. Does it last 20 times longer? No. Why bother? Next.

Nico1970 said:
Nishy said:
Nico1970 said:
Is the Bronnley one of these one size fits all unisex scents?
I would say no, its not so floral as to be feminine and the light spicy/woody base is also more masculine

Thanks Nishy.

It certainly looks like great value...
No worries, its similar to florida water which I also really enjoy.

Another cheap alternative but by no means poor is professor blightys aftershaves. I seriously ration my grapewood. It lasts as well.

Forgot to mention Invictus great option.

papman said:
Miles853 do you mean this sort of florid water... ebay link deleted

Just ordered some on your recommendation. Will report findings on arrival.

But someone please help me......several bods have mentioned that Kouros lasts all day on them. I have the EDT as well as the original Aramis EDT. And, like all other stuff I've ever used, the smell has gone within an hour or so. I feel so cheated. Sometimes I get a whiff of someone, in passing, as it were, and whatever it is they're using is really strong. Is it true some people retain their smells longer than others?

DevonStan said:
papman said:
Miles853 do you mean this sort of florid water... ebay link deleted

Just ordered some on your recommendation. Will report findings on arrival.

But someone please help me......several bods have mentioned that Kouros lasts all day on them. I have the EDT as well as the original Aramis EDT. And, like all other stuff I've ever used, the smell has gone within an hour or so. I feel so cheated. Sometimes I get a whiff of someone, in passing, as it were, and whatever it is they're using is really strong. Is it true some people retain their smells longer than others?
Yes also the scent can be subtly different put it down to chemistry

DevonStan said:
Sometimes I get a whiff of someone, in passing, as it were, and whatever it is they're using is really strong. Is it true some people retain their smells longer than others?

Totally, it's all to do with how your skin reacts to a certain smell, my Jean Paul Gaultier smells distinctly different on my son after a few hours as compared to me.
And I've had as you say the same experience with certain bottle that after an hour, it's just gone, and someone else still smells like it 10 hours later.

I try to take a punt on new smells as little as possible, and will gladly whore out the samples if they are available in shops (or from friends) more then once for the same scent just to get an idea if it works with me. And I dont try it on the wrist etc, my skin composition/oils etc are totally different there. Needs to go on the FACE to know how it'll pan out! Or I just buy a small tester via ebay, that can save you some monies as well.

Back
Top Bottom