Looking for something new to watch on TV

Supernatural
The Blacklist
White Collar (now finished but well worth a watch - reminded me very much of the DiCaprio film Catch Me if you Can)
The Mentalist (finished but again, well worth it)
Elementary
Chicago Fire
Chicago P.D.
Grimm
Castle
Bones
The Musketeers

If you like apocalyptic sci-fi then Falling Skies, The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead (the latter has just started) are worth watch. I loved Dexter, one of my favourites. Hannibal has now been cancelled after series 3.

Based on those, you would probably like Bones.

Though these shows are over, you would probably like Chuck and Sons of Anarchy as well.

I enjoyed Sons Of Anarchy but it definitely just got sillier as it went on - The first couple of seasons a murder took some covering up and wasn't lightly done. The last couple of seasons there seemed no real interest from law enforcement apart from the more soap opera individual relationships. Good series overall though.

I like the Walking Dead though the first half of the season on the farm takes some getting through.

Falling Skies is pretty good but a lot of the main characters are a little too straight down the line in terms of pure good or evil - the main character doesn't seem to have any character flaws.

Vikings is something I've not seen yet but I've heard nothing but praise from those who have.

Hiya,

For an interesting change of pace, y'all might enjoy the extremely gritty 'Deadwood' western series. Some intense characters for sure, with some based on real people. Heh, Ian McShane has a great role.

Some great TV mentioned so far, Strike Back only got one mention so far and for me it was a stand out series and FAR FAR better than I expected. The action sequences give hollywood a run for their money and the characters/acting is very very good....
I'm gutted its finished.
Walking Dead - excellent.
Homeland - Awesome
Dexter - One of the best shows ever.
Game of Thrones - Utter W@nk, just don't get it!?
Spartacas - as above?
Must try Breaking Bad ;)

Supernatural

That show's a kick, Big G,

More gore than usual with some interesting story lines and a good sense of humor to everything. Heh, plus, I like the Brothers acts and other characters too. Also, I admit to being tickled whenever someone's called a douchebag or assbag, which is often.

The show does that 'meta tv' self awareness thing well, which can be funny. Better than average writing most episodes, with some being quite good.

Last edited:
Luther (Alice = best female TV baddie)
Waking the Dead
Walking dead (without question)
The Whisperers
The Good wife

I'm losing interest in..
The Strain
The Following
Secrets and Lies

Never got into..
Homeland
The Black list

Yep, loved Luther too and couldn't agree more on Alice. Makes the female Moriarty in Elementary look like the Easter Bunny! Pity it's finished.

I'm quite enjoying Blindspot at the moment but gave up on Z-Nation as a total farce compared to The Walking Dead. Never got into Homeland, lost interest in The Following but The Blacklist is excellent.

Also really enjoying Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D.

We avoid watching anything that has even the remotest sign of violence (verbally included) so can't comment about the above but something really good last week was the BBC's 'Building car live', simply fascinating, catch it on Iplayer.

Hiya,

For an interesting change of pace, y'all might enjoy the extremely gritty 'Deadwood' western series. Some intense characters for sure, with some based on real people. Heh, Ian McShane has a great role.

Yeah, great stuff was Deadwood. Must watch it again sometime soon. On that note, you should check out Justified which stars Timothy Olyphant who played the Sheriff in Deadwood. Modern settings this time but Olyphant is a star turn as US Marshall Raylan Givens although Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowder often upstages him. One of the very best villains in modern times. It's finished now but there are six series out there awaiting the lucky viewer...:D

Back
Top Bottom