Looking for something new to watch on TV

The new show "11.22.63" that premiered this week seems promising, at least on paper;

* Based on a novel by Stephen King
* Eight-part mini series
* Produced by JJ Abrams
* Stars James Franco

Premise:
"A teacher is presented with the chance to travel back in time to 1960 and attempts to prevent the assassination of JFK, but becomes attached to the life he makes in the past."

Trailer:

The new show "11.22.63" that premiered this week seems promising, at least on paper;

* Eight-part mini series
* Produced by JJ Abrams
* Stars James Franco

Premise:
"A teacher is presented with the chance to travel back in time to 1960 and attempts to prevent the assassination of JFK, but becomes attached to the life he makes in the past."

Trailer:
I liked the book so I'll be keeping an eye out for this one.

Thanks.

* Eight-part mini series
* Produced by JJ Abrams
* Stars James Franco

Premise:

Trailer:
In recent years I've become very wary of the phrase, *Based on a novel by Stephen King, it quite often ends in me smashing my head against something hard.

Quantico, generic flashback sequenced FBI stuff, but it does have my next wife in the starring role........ I wish. !!
priyanka-chopra.jpg

Another new show that just started that sounds good on paper is "Vinyl" by Martin Scorcese and Mick Jagger about record company men in NYC set in the 1970's.

vinyl-keyart-640x354.jpg

Another new show that just started that sounds good on paper is "Vinyl" by Martin Scorcese and Mick Jagger about record company men in NYC set in the 1970's.

I had high hopes for this show, but had to give up after 3 episodes.

Despite some strong acting talent, this was a serious case of style over substance.

A host of vile, money-grabbing, unsympathetic characters and painful, one dimensional renderings of rock icons (including Robert Plant and Alice Cooper) does not make for great TV drama.

Piss poor.

I had high hopes for this show, but had to give up after 3 episodes.

Despite some strong acting talent, this was a serious case of style over substance.

A host of vile, money-grabbing, unsympathetic characters and painful, one dimensional renderings of rock icons (including Robert Plant and Alice Cooper) does not make for great TV drama.

Piss poor.

I've only watched the first episode and did rather like it but for whatever reason I haven't continued watching.

Hiya,

I got tired a while back of watching the guys who go out fishing for King Crab, but not too long ago found something similar but different. It's about a bunch of fishermen who go looking for Bluefin tuna, which is caught onna hook and line. Some of these fish can top 1000 pounds and can reach almost 10 feet long and jeez, they are a bitch to land. More often than not the line busts or the hook is spit or straightened or who knows what else to prevent a successful catch. One large fish, depending on the meat quality, can be worth $15,000!!

Anyway, the show is called Wicked Tuna and I believe there's 6 season's worth available to watch. There's some characters for sure....some lovable and some jerks.

Martin

And on a side note, the return of The X files....... Thanks for nothing, pure dross, look in Duchovney's eyes it's plain to see what he thinks of it.

Recorded it, but yet to watch it. This is the second report I've seen/heard that says it's muck. Was a fan of the original series, t'was very good.

I think the original was "of its time" but that time has passed, if they had gone with new "one off" episodes I think it would have had a chance, but to rehash the old Alien back story again after X amount of series and 2 movies, pretty much milking the arse out of it.

I think the original was "of its time" but that time has passed, if they had gone with new "one off" episodes I think it would have had a chance, but to rehash the old Alien back story again after X amount of series and 2 movies, pretty much milking the arse out of it.

Hi there,

From what I have read, the X Files is kinda related somehow to a show from the 70's called Night Stalker. I remember that being on TV back then but couldn't recall how good the episodes were so I recently watched a few and man, talked about dated. Whew boy, they were bad.

I believe the straw hat that main character Kolchak wore made it's way into 1-2 X File episodes.

Back
Top Bottom