Looking for something new to watch on TV

The X Files has just come on Amazon prime, all 9 series of it. The Mrs is insisting we start at season 1, episode 1. Anyone know if it is any good? I was too young really first time it was on.

The new series against the old is like comparing Shakespear to Mr Benn. This new series is cheaply made, badly acted load of steaming shite. Its so bad even drink doesn't make it watchable;)

If political drama is your thing, I've quite enjoyed Spin (Les Hommes de l'Hombre) on All4.
It's no 'Borgen' but it's not a bad attempt.
Also started watching 'Forever'. A 200 year old man working in a morgue in New York solving crimes. Fairly light hearted stuff and a bit formulaic but easy watching.

If political drama is your thing, I've quite enjoyed Spin (Les Hommes de l'Hombre) on All4.
Also started watching 'Forever'. A 200 year old man working in a morgue in New York solving crimes. Fairly light hearted stuff and a bit formulaic but easy watching.

I liked Forever. Too bad the show got canned.
It was on ABC that has a real bad trackrecord of early cancellations - hence the nick name "ABC - Already Been Cancelled" :)

I didn't mind this, just a pity it got can'd after the first series. At least they gave a sort of ending.

Well you know what I mean, season finale and all that?

Unfortunately, there has been plenty of series that I've not bothered with when they've returned or just fallen out with as they've gone on. Would I watch the 2nd season? Probably not unles the trailers show something just a little more speed and excitement.

Enjoying Luther, just one episode left to go. I'm not edge of the seat stuff by any means, but something keeps drawing me in. Really like Idris Elba in the lead role.

Yep, I did like Forever and mourned a tad at its passing. Plenty of further potential there and better than so much crap that seems to be getting renewed. I also agree on Man Up His Own Castle - I persevered to episode 7 but then stopped. Too damn slow and meandering. Yon lassie was bonnie though...

Currently watching Deadwood on Dodgy's recommendation as I missed it first time round. Very good indeed but I prefer the more railroad-centric, Hell on Wheels, starring Anson Mount, Common & Robin McLeavy.

Back
Top Bottom