May 2017 Acquisitions

So, on my travels ,I acquired these fine products:

D18C33B2-7B3B-41E2-BCB0-B29015DD3D2A_zpsowct6eqc.jpg

7BFA761E-6310-448E-8498-9961493D2405_zpsqok2oymf.jpg

I have commented on their excellent performance in my SOTD post; but the kicker is the price:

Schick Premium Razor + 5 German Schick blades: £2.80
Kapo Fresh Shaving Cream: AUD £0.43 (that's right,folks, 43p)
Argo Neo Gold A/S Balm: AUD £0.50 (50p)

Now if they had been ropey perfromers, I'd kinda understand, but they are bloody good!

DSC_0832_zpsnqosgmzz.jpg

Got this about Mint German Made Hamburg Ring 6/8th in the Post Today...I Honed it on a My Naniwa Super Stone Progression to 12 K then Finished Her on the Escher Thuri..The Blade Says "Extra Hollow Ground" But its Actually a 1/2 Hollow Grind..In My Experince True Extra Hollow Grinds are Very Rare & Razor Manufactures Often Misuse the Term "Extra Hollow" as a Sales Pitch..o_O

The Factory Grind is One of the Best I have Seen..It Took a Spectacular Edge..I Need to Stop Buying SRs in this Condition to Sell as I Just Wanna Keep them for My Own Collection..:D:D

Billy

This came today. Supposed to be a fine shaver, I'll find out soon!
According to Mr Waits, this dates to 1961. Does anyone know better?

View attachment 25499
Definitely not 1961 (no stainless blades in 61 for starters). If not on the instructions did you check the case for a date (M-68 or something like that)? Plastic knob and Schick Krona on the doors suggest 68-71-ish. Older Kronas (65-66) have no door markings and metal knob.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Definitely not 1961 (no stainless blades in 61 for starters). If not on the instructions did you check the case for a date (M-68 or something like that)? Plastic knob and Schick Krona on the doors suggest 68-71-ish. Older Kronas (65-66) have no door markings and metal knob.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Also replied at the other place!

Back
Top Bottom