Moderation Discussion (branched from Nishy's Farewell Thread)

I am aware my voice has less credibility than @UKRob or @Nishy, and may not be weighed as much as many others. However, what happened to them happened to me, and you can add my rather small weight to their rather large, whatever that's worth. But I do feel the right to share my personal experience with the moderation here, however small that may be.

Knocking the current moderation, only, and it because I was targeted, directly, on the same thread, and for the same reason @UKRob left.

Should I feel any less disturbed by this action happening to me because I recently joined?
If I understand this correctly, your post was removed because you were seeking to continue a pointless argument about nothing but your opinion vs another after the other guy chose to desist. Rob sought to re-ignite the argument, ignoring the , "The discussion is over because member has left the building" post I had substituted for your post - so I removed his post as well. Cue the biggest bout of handbags I've seen in quite a while.

I pondered my action before doing it, knowing Rob's propensity for strong reaction. Would I take the same action again knowing what would unfold. No - I'd remove the entire thread, the good, the bad and the ugly, then no-one in particular could feel 'targeted' but some good stuff would have been lost.

TSR boundaries are very accommodating and flexible but push too hard and they will push back. 'Edge' is one thing and we love it, being overly provocative, pushing too hard and far, is quite another.

@Bechet

All I ask is that you read the feedback I posted here and see if there are ideas or suggestions that you can take on-board and adopt. A heated debate over a razor is hardly anything new, people were talking about razors... not politics, religion or shaved bollocks.

I apologise for my 'Jack Torrance', 'wrong side of bed', 'power-crazed moderator' comments... over the top, not constructive.

Long day, I'm drained now.

Reactions: Len
If I understand this correctly, your post was removed because you were seeking to continue a pointless argument about nothing but your opinion vs another after the other guy chose to desist. Rob sought to re-ignite the argument, ignoring the , "The discussion is over because member has left the building" post I had substituted for your post - so I removed his post as well. Cue the biggest bout of handbags I've seen in quite a while.

I pondered my action before doing it, knowing Rob's propensity for strong reaction. Would I take the same action again knowing what would unfold. No - I'd remove the entire thread, the good, the bad and the ugly, then no-one in particular could feel 'targeted' but some good stuff would have been lost.

TSR boundaries are very accommodating and flexible but push too hard and they will push back. 'Edge' is one thing and we love it, being overly provocative, pushing too hard and far, is quite another.

In your opinion the discussion was pointless, Carl. How do you base such judgments? It wasn't pointless to me and several others that wanted to continue discussing.

If I debate a subject with another member, and they make a final argument, concluded by saying they're done, why don't I have the right to respond to their final arguments?

And that response is not just for the one I'm discussing with, but for every other member and reader that finds the topic interesting, whether or not you find it interesting.

Anyone like goldfish? Here's a picture of a goldfish:
CelestialEyeGoldfishWFG_Cn4D4781.jpg

My judgement is used to sense when a discussion is in danger of becoming a fight. Part of my job is to prevent fights. That particular tread was way past being reasonable by the time I got to it - it's still there, go look.

You can discuss endlessly, you can discuss pointlessly, I don't give a damn, it's your life. Start to become abusive, you attract moderation.

I'm very fond of the way you so frequently speak for lots of other un-named members, Len. One of your traits.

If I understand this correctly, your post was removed because you were seeking to continue a pointless argument about nothing but your opinion vs another after the other guy chose to desist. Rob sought to re-ignite the argument, ignoring the , "The discussion is over because member has left the building" post I had substituted for your post - so I removed his post as well.

Honestly @Bechet, reading back over this again, I just don't get it. A heated debate about a razor is not a breach of the rules. I saw most of it go down, people were a bit snappy, but it was all done in the context of the razor and there was nothing personal about it from what I saw.

You've had your nose in your fair share of heated debates here over the years. Recently you started a thread yourself to have a go at Robyflexx, he bowed out and you still kept it going... to me this was far poorer form that anything that went on in the Cobra razor thread. You've been rude to Nishy during a recent Group Buy because he invited a few new members to the forum to avail of the brush on offer. I wasn't here a wet day and you put me on your ignore list because I disagreed with you about a Leicester Tigers game... of all the insignificant things.

I'm sorry, I really hate making this personal, but we need consistency regarding your own behaviour and how you then choose to moderate others.

Last edited:
My judgement is used to sense when a discussion is in danger of becoming a fight. Part of my job is to prevent fights. That particular tread was way past being reasonable by the time I got to it - it's still there, go look.

You can discuss endlessly, you can discuss pointlessly, I don't give a damn, it's your life. Start to become abusive, you attract moderation.

I'm very fond of the way you so frequently speak for lots of other un-named members, Len. One of your traits.

You're getting rather aggressive and insulting now, Carl. No need for such "aggression". And how could a fight have broken out if DB left anyway? Your "moderation" (censorship) didn't prevent or add to anything, except for causing the storm you're currently dealing with.

You want names of the others discussing that topic? You may have forgotten as you deleted my posts, Rob's, and Billy's that did want to continue the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom