Moving to the dark side

I Have the Bronze Timeless & The Rockwell 6s which is stainless.
The Rockwell 6c is A different material which i actually can’t remember what it is but it’s cheaper than the stainless.
I Genuinely think out of all my modern razors it’s my favourite, the razor i get the best shaves with.
Also have a look at a canadian company called
Karve
they do a razor Christopher Bradley which are really nice in different materials, which also has different plates like the Rockwell 6s

Edwin Jagger DE86 from Amazon is less than £20, looks fantastic, shaves great and means you could donate the remaining £280 to a worthwhile cause like say, my biscuit fund? Or I could start a cake fund? Up to you but as I say, it’s a great razor. The Muehle R106 is probably better but that’s stretching to around £35 so will mean less cake and biscuits and I’m not sure I’m ok with that sacrifice. A good conscience will help you make the right decision.

Edwin Jagger DE86 from Amazon is less than £20, looks fantastic, shaves great and means you could donate the remaining £280 to a worthwhile cause like say, my biscuit fund? Or I could start a cake fund? Up to you but as I say, it’s a great razor. The Muehle R106 is probably better but that’s stretching to around £35 so will mean less cake and biscuits and I’m not sure I’m ok with that sacrifice. A good conscience will help you make the right decision.
Thank you for this fantastic idea! Unfortunately for you I forego cake or biscuits but do put the money away so that, at the end of the year, I can treat myself to something beautiful that will be with me a lifetime. Although, eating cake and biscuits would also be with me for a lifetime on the waistline and a very shortened life!

Rockwell 6S is a good starting point and can be had for less than £100. The RazoRock Game Changer .84 is another fantastic <£100 razor.

You could also buy in to the Karve Christopher Bradley system in brass - the daily shavers kit is ~£100 delivered from Canada and gives you some different plate options like the 6S.

If you really want to treat yourself, a very good man on this forum has this very nice premium razor for sale:

Thread 'Rex Konsul Razor - £200' https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/rex-konsul-razor-200.57402/

I'm just going to leave that idea there.

I Have the Bronze Timeless & The Rockwell 6s which is stainless.
The Rockwell 6c is A different material which i actually can’t remember what it is but it’s cheaper than the stainless.
I Genuinely think out of all my modern razors it’s my favourite, the razor i get the best shaves with.
Also have a look at a canadian company called
Karve
they do a razor Christopher Bradley which are really nice in different materials, which also has different plates like the Rockwell 6s
Like the look of the Christopher Bradley but they don't seem to do an adjustable. The Rex and Rockwell T have lovely looks and adjust.

Rockwell 6S is a good starting point and can be had for less than £100. The RazoRock Game Changer .84 is another fantastic <£100 razor.

You could also buy in to the Karve Christopher Bradley system in brass - the daily shavers kit is ~£100 delivered from Canada and gives you some different plate options like the 6S.

If you really want to treat yourself, a very good man on this forum has this very nice premium razor for sale:

Thread 'Rex Konsul Razor - £200' https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/rex-konsul-razor-200.57402/

I'm just going to leave that idea there.
Looks like I'll give this one a go. Do I just click on the link and contact him direct. The question, though, is why is he selling it if it's a good razor?

I predicted your post about the Konsul about 3 posts from the top Chris! But yeah, slantastic idea!

Mr Ponks, if your question is "why is Boycie selling the Konsul", well, that's what he does!
Mr Boyce (not the one out of Only Fools and Horses) is well known in these parts for buying things to try, and then selling them to fund the purchase of the next thing to try.

If you want to know exactly what he thought about the Konsul there's a recent thread by him on it, like a running review. Perfect source of information!

You can purchase from "The Emporium" with confidence!

Last edited:
why the prediction? what have I missed?
Just that Chris aka @Boycie83, aka the owner of Boycie's Used Soap Emporium, is well known for dropping the occasional link to his latest BST post, something which we all look forward to, as many of us have benefitted from lightly used shave gear at good prices. It's somewhat of a running joke.

By the way here is the discussion about the Konsul vs Ambassador

Thread 'Rex Ambassador vs Rex Konsul' https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/rex-ambassador-vs-rex-konsul.57333/

Probably a bit late and the deed probably done, but out of the DE's my money would be on the Tatara Nodachi.

Been through the Karves, the Razorocks, the Rocnels, the Timeless, the Hone, the Feathers and other than the Ikon B1 I can't think of any razor smoother and effective than the Tatara.

Adjustable? Just not my cup of tea and find them a rather pointless exercises.

Last edited:
Probably a bit late and the deed probably done, but out of the DE's my money would be on the Tatara Nodachi.

Been through the Karves, the Razorocks, the Rocnels, the Timeless, the Hone, the Feathers and other than the Ikon B1 I can't think of any razor smoother and effective than the Tatara.

Adjustable? Just not my cup of tea and find them a rather pointless exercises.
Not late at all. I was thinking the same as you that adjustable razors are pointless. So, I've decided to go for the Rex Konsul but will look at a fixed as well. Possibly the timeless but will have a look at the Tatara you suggested.

Not late at all. I was thinking the same as you that adjustable razors are pointless. So, I've decided to go for the Rex Konsul but will look at a fixed as well. Possibly the timeless but will have a look at the Tatara you suggested.
Tatara doesn't really do it for me. What didn't you like about the Timeless?

Mate you won’t go wrong with anyone’s advice on here they are all top notch
Be sure if you decide to buy the Konsul from @Boycie83 not only are you getting a brilliant razor but you can be 100% sure it’s in pristine condition so don’t worry about buying from guys on here.

You did mention the Karve not being adjustable
& to a point your correct and on another point your mistaken.
The Karve is the same as the Rockwell where you would change out the plates to get your desired aggression.
If i was you i would go for the Konsul it’s a great price

I’ve used pretty much every razor there is, almost twice over! My opinions:

Best Adjustable: Rex Konsul
Best Stainless Steel: Blutt Rasur
Best Titanium: Design94 Titanium.
Best Value: Edwin Jagger 3one6 all stainless version.

Happy to answer any questions.
OK, gone for the Konsul but still looking for reasons not to get a Timeless fixed at 0.68. Thoughts?

Mate you won’t go wrong with anyone’s advice on here they are all top notch
Be sure if you decide to buy the Konsul from @Boycie83 not only are you getting a brilliant razor but you can be 100% sure it’s in pristine condition so don’t worry about buying from guys on here.

You did mention the Karve not being adjustable
& to a point your correct and on another point your mistaken.
The Karve is the same as the Rockwell where you would change out the plates to get your desired aggression.
If i was you i would go for the Konsul it’s a great price
Cheers. Gone for the Konsul. What about the Timeless fixed at 0.68 as my last one?

Back
Top Bottom