My collection of Simpson brushes

Fido said:
As it's now my only one, I must do it justice. At £180 for a 22mm knot this is true high end. But all things are relative. Compared with a 22mm Plisson High Mountain White at around £240, and not even a limited edition, it's a snip.

[/URL

That,s one very handsome brush there Peter. is it part of your regular rotation...... Enjoy

Charles. U.K

[URL=http://s113.photobucket.com/user/padhyde/media/DSCN3193.jpg.html]

Fido said:
As it's now my only one, I must do it justice. At £180 for a 22mm knot this is true high end. But all things are relative. Compared with a 22mm Plisson High Mountain White at around £240, and not even a limited edition, it's a snip.

[/URL

That,s one very handsome brush there Peter. is it part of your regular rotation...... Enjoy

Charles. U.K

Fido said:

[/URL

Charles. U.K

Some more purchases recently so I thought I'd add mine to this collection thread...

On top shelf, from left…
M7 Butterscotch Super, Chubby 2 Butterscotch Manchurian
The Hive Super, Chubby 1 Manchurian
Colonel Best, M7 Briar 2-Band
The Jubilee Briar Manchurian, Tulip 4 Super
Eagle G3 2-Band, Commodore X3 Best
Polo 10 Butterscotch Manchurian
& The Duke 3 Butterscotch 2-Band

On bottom shelf, from right…
The Hive Cobalt Manchurian, Persian Jar 2 Best
Rover Manchurian, Emperor 3 Super
Colonel ‘Ehsan' 2-Band, Chubby 3 Cobalt Manchurian
The Duke 3 Cobalt Best, Langness Manchurian
Chubby 2 Super, Polo 8 2-Band
50 Series ‘58' Best & Persian Jar 3 Cobalt Manchurian

Skol,

Mark

Very nice Mark.

2 band vs manchurian looks quite interested. What's the feel of this 2 band hair? Hooked tips?

I'm personally not a fan of the hooked variety. It feels a bit too soft for me.

Dipesh said:
Very nice Mark.

2 band vs manchurian looks quite interested. What's the feel of this 2 band hair? Hooked tips?

Yep, there's quite a difference between the two hairs. With the Manchurian being much more dense, and having slightly springier hair than the 3-Band, it takes a bit of bloom and time to get it's top performance with movement and flow through. But when it gets there... :heart:

The beauty about 2-band, for me, is that it breaks in very quickly with the lesser density almost immediately giving that movement a good brush needs and, with it's thicker hair, wonderful flow through from the word go.

Although a newly built brush, this M7 reminds me of earlier 2-Band. It's not as soft bodied as the more recent batch. So, even though the body of the knot is fairly firm with this more rigid hair, it still has those beautiful soft tips which are not hooked. I really like it!

Mark

Tall_Paul said:
Some lovely brushes there Mark. What's the Jubilee like to use?

Thanks, Paul.

The Jubilee is just wonderful. I was lucky to get 77 which was also the Silver Jubilee year so it's a nice link to an earlier event in her reign.

But back to shaving and it's excellent. The body is a Duke 2 but these brushes were made with a large Manchurian knot which is actually larger than the one on the Duke 3. The tall 49mm loft means great movement in this hair and the feeling is soft enough with just a little feel of scrub there so it feels like the lather is really being worked in, while still being comfortable.

They're sold out now but if one came up for sale, I would recommend it to anyone. One of my favourites.

Mark

Stunning collection, I have thinned mine out significantly and only have 4 now. I may sell the Chubby 2 shortly as well as I don't use it any more, and have to much other stuff to spend money on at the moment.

Roefisher said:
Dipesh said:
Very nice Mark.

Although a newly built brush, this M7 reminds me of earlier 2-Band. It's not as soft bodied as the more recent batch. So, even though the body of the knot is fairly firm with this more rigid hair, it still has those beautiful soft tips which are not hooked. I really like it!

Mark

Why did you have to say that Mark!

The older 2 band is probably my favourite! Hmm... I have got some thinking to do.

While in the last couple of years I've sold a Polo 8 (custom, in Best), a Commodore X3 (in Best) and PIFed a Chubby 3 (in Best) and a 57 (in two-band), this is what remains:

simps4_zps136fae65.jpg

and a close-up, L-R (most of 'em custom ones, usually in two-band Super):

simps3_zpsaa6b4e6b.jpg

simps2_zps4dcf6cb3.jpg

simp_zps6db35369.jpg

I would like to thank all you chaps for sharing your collection of brushes, AWESOME is all i can say, i have recently after a long time 7 months to be precise have managed to save my trusted wallet from being consumed by the notorious RAD, and now these brushes are shown in absolute glory i think i will have no chance with what i have no name for, gents..I who am about to DE salute you.

Mo

Back
Top Bottom