Neighbour built conservatory on the boundry**UPDATE**

antdad said:
Sezer74 said:
Next week I will ask if his guttering, fascia or the whole wall is encroaching on my land, and clarify that as well.

Who are you going to ask?

I will ask to the planning enforcement officer that investigated this case, in his e-mail, he didn't mention which rules are breached and didn't mention to other details.

I'd be surprised if they tell you anything before they rule on your neighbour's submitted plans, you'll get a chance to object officially but even then you can't just object for the sake of it.

Don't confuse the two issues, you have a boundary dispute with your neighbour which is a civil matter meaning the council don't care about that. The PEO is interested in the technical conformity of the build and they've asked for retrospective PP because fortunately for you your neighbour has probably breached some planning regs.

I'm fairly sure they wouldn't have asked for retrospective PP unless that was the case...

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/responsibilities/planningpermission/failure

antdad said:
I'd be surprised if they tell you anything before they rule on your neighbour's submitted plans, you'll get a chance to object officially but even then you can't just object for the sake of it.

Don't confuse the two issues, you have a boundary dispute with your neighbour which is a civil matter meaning the council don't care about that. The PEO is interested in the technical conformity of the build and they've asked for retrospective PP because fortunately for you your neighbour has probably breached some planning regs.

I'm fairly sure they wouldn't have asked for retrospective PP unless that was the case...

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/responsibilities/planningpermission/failure
Yes. the PEO seems to be helpful, if he can't tell the details, he can point me at the right direction where or how to get them or learn. Hopefully.

So if the neighbour had screwed his loaf and not been greedy, he could have built that without pp! I'm amazed! I had thought that as soon as 'permanent' got involved - bricks and mortar - you needed pp.
under a certain size, 8 metres square, i believe. is permitted development, it needs to comply with building regs. no part of the structure can overhang the boundry, rainwater cannot be directed onto neighboring property, so in this case, they can't just remove the offending gutter. sadly the courts are full of boundary disputes like this that drag on and on, try hard to sort it out without recourse to solicitors.

You might want to check what he's said in the planning application about who owns the land involved. He has to make a declaration about that in a PP app. If you own part of the land involved then he has lied on the application if he has just said he owns it.

Back
Top Bottom