New Forum Software - READ THIS

As you have no doubt observed, we've changed forum software.... don't say you weren't warned - the post below this one warned you.

Not everything got transferred:

1. PMs - importing the PMs is a real pain, so we didn't (we will be looking at another way for you to get at your PM box once we iron out the wrinkles here)
2. Avatars - you need to reupload your avatar
3. Signatures - some signatures imported with extremely odd characteristics, please check yours and make sure it's not huge
4. Birthdays - some birthdays had the day & month switched over... for those of you born after the 12th of the month you will find you were born in Jalember (an imaginary month which shows as blank). It's worthwhile everyone checking their birthday.

It seems some posts & user accounts also didn't make it across in the transfer - if your account was one of those affected, please re-register with your previous details and let one of the moderation team know.

There are some other things that still need to be worked on (in no particular order):

1. Suspected missing posts
2. Missing users (know of 2 so far - sure to be more)
3. Tapatalk DONE - Tapatalk users need to re-add the forum
4.Chatroom done
5. Everyone defaulted to being "invisible" following the import (Go here and uncheck the box under "Privacy" to fix your own)
6. Smilies - the addition of the old custom smilies (shave, hungry... etc)
7.Language settings done
8.Skin done for now, new logo required
9. PM boxes registering as full when not (see below for a workaround)
10. Ability to view own posts from main forum screen

If you spot other stuff that's missing or not quite right - let us know.

i just tried to send messages to 3 different people and got the reply:

Please correct the following errors before continuing:

"User" has reached their private message quota so your message could not be sent.

need me P.M's as i like me wheeler dealerin ????

Essentially yes - in order to transfer them there's an awful lot of manual intervention required, which we don't have time for nor do we desperately want to do that manual intervention (ie. read your private messages) - hence the request last week to back up your important PMs, avatar etc.

hunnymonster said:
Essentially yes - in order to transfer them there's an awful lot of manual intervention required, which we don't have time for nor do we desperately want to do that manual intervention (ie. read your private messages) - hence the request last week to back up your important PMs, avatar etc.

OK, thanks for clearing that up, I did download my PM's from last week, but forgot to do this weeks Doh! Well if anyone is waiting on a PM from me, due to my own stupidity I've lost them, please resend to me thanks

You can View 'your posts' from the control panel, in due course I will add a link to it at the top of the index like before

I have just noticed that we can all give ourselves a custom title under our avatar
so it can be changed whenever we like.

i dread to think what Pig Cat will make of that !!!! :s

I have just had a similar problem to Nick, I tried to PM another member, but I got a message saying, that the person I tried to sent too had exceeded their limit, so my message wasnt sent, do I just need to keep trying?

Nah, just like you I wouldn't feel right without the same old title. :rolleyes:

sunburyboy93 said:
I have just noticed that we can all give ourselves a custom title under our avatar
so it can be changed whenever we like.

i dread to think what Pig Cat will make of that !!!! :s

Back
Top Bottom