November 2017 Acquisitions

UiVECZJ.jpg

eZoRvGG.jpg

MOAglwr.jpg

Interested to hear how you get on in the Wild West!? Thats a fair set, did you purchase direct?

Point taken, but you will always get fakes, i've been lucky with all the russian made blades i've got,'so far', i bought them directly from the seller.stating the obvious, but what ever product you buy you'll always get a batch of dodgy ones every now and then when it massed produced, and poor attention to QC quality,the workers in these factories earn a pittance, so they won't be too bother if they see thousands of blades been made each day and the odd batch isn't to expected standards, but for the cost, as you've already stated i can live with that...what ever the blade i only use it twice, then it's binned and move on to a fresh one..life's to short.Regards.

You are right. I am not complaining at such price. I also wonder. Is there really a perfect Rapira blade? I mean, i 've googled images and i can't find a Rapira with perfectly even both edges... Maybe it's a factory thing. I know that the 2 Voskhods from the "italian tuck" that i 've bought, have shaved just fine despite the weirdness of the edge.

I use the blades 2-3 shaves (depending on brand). Sometimes i may go 4 if i see a blade keeps shaving very well. So, yeah, as long as i get a good shave, for the paltry amount of money paid, i won't complain. I am not one of those that go 120 shaves on a blade or want a blade for at least 5 shaves or it's not good. One of the advantages of buying cheap blades, is that i don't overthink it when it comes to throwing them away. :D

They were in the customs from October 28 until yesterday. But i didn't pay anything at the end. Maybe they were banging their heads against the wall, trying to understand what the sender was meaning. The Russian supposedly guy, sent them with a woman's name, as private, not as company. In the content, it's declared "les crayons" (after all, who in Italy doesn't speak french, right?! :rolleyes: ). Finally, in the area "valeur" (which i suppose one should write the value of the content), it's written 300 smudge. I mean, there is a sort of an incomprehensible writing below 300, like the signs you make up and down when you test a new pen. :D Probably at the customs they spent 5 minutes trying to decipher all this and at the end they though "to hell with it, i am going for lunch break". [emoji14]

So, at the end, like you had envisioned, all went well. Ordered in October 4, delivered November 7 and the postman actually did bother to come all the way to the door and ring the bell, instead of doing his "alternate version routine" of "it's rainning, i will pretend nobody was home and just leave you a notice to go to the post office and take it yourself". It could have been much worse! :oops:
Hahahha you made me laugh. "Les crayons" hahahaha.
The way you described your customs and post office makes me think you live in Croatia. Our mailmen often say nobofy was home and leave a notice even though it's not true.

And i also think of the guys at customs looking at 300 blades scratching their head, thinking what's the value of them and saying "screw it" :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

87A16F5E-C0BB-449C-B616-FA061B3837C5.jpeg

Not used it yet, just stuck my nose into the tub... Notes in order order of strength:

Ylang Ylang, jasmin, vetiver, chocolate & leather.

It smells well blended, the ylang ylang is the predominant note to my nose but the others are all about even, the chocolate actually works... It really compliments (more of a dark chocolate than milk!)

I'm sure it'll evolve once lathered.

Last edited:
View attachment 30675

Not used it yet, just stuck my nose into the tub... Notes in order order of strength:

Ylang Ylang, jasmin, vetiver, chocolate & leather.

It smells well blended, the ylang ylang is the predominant note to my nose but the others are all about even, the chocolate actually works... It really compliments (more of a dark chocolate than milk!)

I'm sure it'll evolve once lathered.

Dr Watson what soap brand is that, otherwise poor Sherlock couldn't solve this mystery soap.

Back
Top Bottom