October 2016 Acquisitions

My "BNIB" PAL Injectomatic arrived today. The cellophane has gone a bit crispy, but it's a sealed packet nonetheless. The price marked on it is half-a-crown or 2/6 aka two pre-decimal shillings and sixpence. For those of you who missed the happy days when there were 12 pence to a shilling, 240 pence and 20 shillings to the pound, the price equivalent today is 12 1/2 new pence (or "pee", as they are now known).

I don't recall ever buying space-age PAL blades that rode on liquid ball bearings. Better knock something up on Kickstarter pronto.
PX302250-001.JPG PX302252-001.JPG

Just a few things to try.

EwtTrW.jpg

Thank you for your comment, what blades do you favor in yours?
At the moment, I'm using the Schick blades, made in China, which come 7 to an injector in the blister pack with mainly yellow cardboard. I think I got the last lot from Connaught, but they're quite dear at £20 odd for 21 blades.
The other ones I have a fair lot of are the Personnas, which are much cheaper at £20 for 100 blades. I can't say that I've noticed a major difference between these.
I'm also psyching myself up to cut down a Feather or Kai blade and have a go with that.

At the moment, I'm using the Schick blades, made in China, which come 7 to an injector in the blister pack with mainly yellow cardboard. I think I got the last lot from Connaught, but they're quite dear at £20 odd for 21 blades.
The other ones I have a fair lot of are the Personnas, which are much cheaper at £20 for 100 blades. I can't say that I've noticed a major difference between these.
I'm also psyching myself up to cut down a Feather or Kai blade and have a go with that.
Nice one, thanks for the info.

My "BNIB" PAL Injectomatic arrived today. The cellophane has gone a bit crispy, but it's a sealed packet nonetheless. The price marked on it is half-a-crown or 2/6 aka two pre-decimal shillings and sixpence. For those of you who missed the happy days when there were 12 pence to a shilling, 240 pence and 20 shillings to the pound, the price equivalent today is 12 1/2 new pence (or "pee", as they are now known).

I don't recall ever buying space-age PAL blades that rode on liquid ball bearings. Better knock something up on Kickstarter pronto.
View attachment 21517 View attachment 21518

Big question in...will it be opened? :)

Hello Paul, just to let you know that I now have the OSP fougere.I'm getting a menthol kick from it, there is something that sits along side of the menthol but i cant put my finger on it.
(i like it!):)
Oh and congrats on the new razor ;)
Thank you Pat, I'm afraid it's not for me because I don't like menthol, but I'm pleased you like it. Thanks for the congrats on the razor, used this morning and it was great! :)

Back
Top Bottom