October 2016 Acquisitions

Hi @fancontroller ...it is indeed a one piece item. It was generously included by @jaycee-uk as part of my restored Tech. My inherent Ludditery would make Jay the ideal chap to tell you a bit more about it. You're right, though; great potential for design, etc.

Hi all,

The blade bank is a simple design I print on one of my 3D printers ..... they are a one piece throw away, but hold a ton of blades securely. I print them in all sorts of colours and give them to everyone with restored items. My favourite is done using glow in the dark plastic !

Best wishes,

Jay

My 1938-41 Gillette Fat Handle Tech, replated in rose gold. My warmest thanks and highest recommendations @jaycee-uk of www.razorplating.co.uk for a beautiful restoration!! Note the includion of a 3D printed used blade safe and 2 packs of some of my favourite blades too! I should add that my poor photographic techniques don't do Jay's work any justice but, believe me, my favourite Gillette now looks in mint condition.
View attachment 21582
View attachment 21578 View attachment 21579 View attachment 21580
View attachment 21581
Outstanding finnish on your razor And I hope you find those blades as good as I do and have them as your number one blade also. :)

wlzytu.jpg

Received the iKon El Jefe razor - and iKon SE handle - in the mail today.
Haven't had a chance to shave with it yet but, yikes, right out of the gate there are some significant "issues" with the razor (as other have noted). I'll do a short review w/ photos but my thoughts and experiences are very much aligned with what what have been realized by others.

285eog.jpg

Back
Top Bottom